9.2 Entering Regular Voucher
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter regular vouchers into ctcLink.
Audience: AP staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Accounts Payable Inquiry
- ZZ Voucher Approval
- ZZ Voucher Entry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
To create a Withholding Voucher, first follow the following steps:
- Run 1099 Suppliers Query to find a Withholding Supplier to use on a Voucher:
- Navigate to Reporting Tools > Query > Query Manager
- Enter Query Name: CTC_AP_1099_SUPPLIERS
- Select Search
- Select “HTML” link (New Window will open)
- Enter: Supplier Status: Approved
Location: Enter your Business Unit Location
- Select View Results
- Search for a supplier where Withholding = “Y”
- Note down Supplier ID (ex: V000015200)
- Use Withholding Supplier when creating a Voucher.
Entering a Regular Voucher
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- The Voucher search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter Voucher Style = "Regular Voucher".
- Select Add.
- Use the Invoice Information tab to enter invoice information, including invoice header information, non-merchandise charges, and voucher line and distribution information.
- Enter Invoice No.
- Keep the Accounting Date as default or enter the specific Accounting Date, if applicable.
- Enter the appropriate information in the Pay Terms field. The payment term default.
- Enter Invoice Date.
- Enter Sales Tax or check Tax Exempt, if applicable.
- Enter Supplier ID.
- Use the Distribute By field to determine the distribution method, either Amount or Quantity. The default is Amount only. If Distribute By is "Quantity" then enter the appropriate information in the Quantity and UOM fields.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Description field, if Item Details information is unknown.
- Enter Item.
- Enter the ChartField distribution details that will be charged with the expense coded on the distribution line.
- Use the GL Unit field to enter or select the General Ledger business unit that will be charged with the expense coded on the distribution line.
- Use the Account field to allocate this charge to an account within your organization. In this example, the charge is assigned to the Entertainment/Meal account. Enter the desired information into the Account field.
- Enter Asset Information. Select the Assets Tab under the Distribution Lines section. Select checkbox "Asset". Enter Business Unit, Enter Profile ID. Asset ID will default to NEXT. Note: Once this Voucher is posted, it will be ready to be picked up by the "AP Push to AM" process.
- Select the Payments tab/link.
Use the Attachments hyperlink to attach documents.
- Use the Payments page to change the payment schedule, schedule multiple payments, schedule direct payment to an alternate supplier and supplier location, record a manual payment, or create an express payment.
- The Remit to field displays the supplier ID of the remit to supplier for the payment. The system enables you to override the default choices for remit to supplier, location, and address.
Note: Please make sure that Remit to Address appears correctly as this is the address that is going to print in Check. If the address is not correct here, please correct the address.
- Use the Bank field to specify the bank from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default from the control hierarchy, but you may override these settings.
- Use the Account field to specify the bank account from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default from the control hierarchy, but you may override these settings.
- Use the Method field to specify a payment method for the voucher.
- Use the Handling field to select a payment handling code. Each payment handling code has a sort sequence related to it that determines the order in which it prints. Checks are printed according to the sort sequence in ascending order: the lower the sort sequence number, the higher the sort priority.
- The Netting field displays the status for the netting auto selection process.
- Use the Action field to specify the payment action. Choose from: Schedule, Record, Cancelled, Escheated or Prepaid.
- Select the Voucher Attributes tab/link.
- Use the Voucher Attributes tab to view and, if applicable, override the default transaction currency processing, the match status, the voucher approval setting, voucher processing options, tax group, and accounting instructions. Where applicable you can also pay unmatched vouchers and access SBI (Self Billing Invoice), prepayment, and Letter of Credit information on this page.
- Use the Template field to identify the accounting entry template that is associated with this voucher. The accounting entry template controls the offset accounts such as: sales tax, freight, and discount accounts.
- The Status field displays the current matching status of the voucher. You can change the match status, but what you can change varies depending on where the voucher is in the matching process.
- Use the Source list to specify the source of the currency exchange rate.
- Use the Action list to set the approval status of the voucher.
- Select Save.
- Notice that the Voucher ID changes from NEXT to a number generated by the system when you save your information. Three new tabs (Summary, Related Documents and Error Summary) also appear after saving. These tabs display information related to the voucher.
- Process complete.