9.2 Supplier Sales / Use Tax Setup
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to add/update the sales/use tax for an existing supplier.
Audience: Purchasing Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Supplier Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Supplier Sales / Use Tax Setup
NavBar: Navigator > Suppliers > Supplier Information > Add/Update
- The Supplier Information search page displays.
- Select Find an Existing Value tab.
- Enter the Supplier ID number or other search criteria to locate the specific supplier.
- Select Search.
- Then select the desired Search Results.
- The Supplier Information page displays.
- A warning message may or may not display, select OK.
- Select the Location tab.
- The Location tab page displays.
- Select the Sales/Use Tax hyperlink.
Enter or select the Sales/Use Tax Applicability. Select from these options:
- None: There are no tax defaults for this supplier location.
- Sales: Sales tax is the default tax type for this supplier location for all vouchers entered.
- Use: Use tax is the default tax type for this supplier location for all vouchers entered.
- Enter or select the Ship To Location. If you want this field's value to be passed from a higher level in the control hierarchy, select the Default option. If you want the transaction to inherit these options from the supplier location, select Specify, and enter a ship to location.
- Enter or select the Sales Tax Tolerance. This fields enable you to designate tolerances for the difference between the sales tax that is entered on a voucher header and that which is calculated by the system. To define the tolerance at the supplier location level, enter values in this group box.
- Process complete.