9.2 Create Voucher from PO
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter regular vouchers using a PO into ctcLink.
Audience: Finance staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Accounts Payable Inquiry
- ZZ Voucher Approval
- ZZ Voucher Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
To create a Withholding Voucher from PO, first create a Purchase Order using a Withholding Supplier.
See 9.2 Creating Purchase Orders Online QRG.
Once that Purchase Order is created, follow steps below to Create a Voucher from PO.
Create Voucher from PO
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- The Voucher search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter Voucher Style = "Regular Voucher".
- Select Add.
- The Invoice Information tab displays.
- Expand the Copy From Source Document section by selecting the down arrow.
- Select the Purchase Order Only list item and press the Go hyperlink.
Note the Copy PO button copies the entire PO and selecting the Purchase Order Only allows you to select specific lines of the PO to copy.
- The Copy Worksheet page displays. This page is where we will select the receiver to copy information from to transfer to the Worksheet.
- Enter PO Business Unit.
- Enter PO Number From.
- Select Search.
- The search results display the available lines.
- In the Select PO Lines section, check the applicable lines to be copied.
- Select Copy Selected Lines to go back to invoice.
- The Invoice Information page displays.
- If required, enter applicable Sales Tax. If you do not have any Tax, select the Tax Exempt box otherwise Use Tax will accrue.
- Select the Calculate button to check any error.
- Select the Attachment link to attach a document. Once document is attached, select OK.
- Select Comments link to provide comments. Once comments are entered, select OK.
- Select the Payments tab to change the payment schedule, schedule multiple payments, schedule direct payment to an alternate supplier and supplier location, record a manual payment, or create an express payment.
- The Remit to field displays the supplier ID of the remit to supplier for payment. The system enables you you to override the default choices for remit to supplier, location, and address.
- The Bank field specifies the bank from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default, but you may override these settings.
- The Account field specifies the bank account from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default, but you may override these settings.
- The Method field specifies the payment method for the voucher.
- Select the Voucher Attributes tab. Use the Voucher Attributes page to view and, if applicable, override the default transaction currency processing, the match status, the voucher approval setting, voucher processing options, tax group, and accounting instructions. Where applicable you can also pay unmatched vouchers and access SBI (Self Billing Invoice), prepayment, and Letter of Credit information on this page.
- The Status field displays the current matching status of the voucher. You can change the match status, but what you can change varies depending on where the voucher is in the matching process.
- Select the Save button.
- Notice that the Voucher ID changes from NEXT to a number generated by the system when you save your information. Three new tabs also appear after selecting save. The tabs display information related to the voucher.
If Voucher Approval framework is turned on then select Submit for Approval button from Invoice Information or Voucher Attributes page. Once you select the button, enter additional details for the Approver, if you want and select OK.
- Process complete.
Add your comment