9.2 Entering Education Data
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering education data in ctcLink.
Audience: Admissions staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD CS Education Data
- ZZ CS Education Data
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Entering Education Data
External Education is a global page. Changes as data updates can impact all colleges. Changes made on this page can impact the student and other colleges. Do not delete data rows from this page--it's not your data. If you do not want to bring a particular row of data from this page into your institution's records, then do not fetch the data.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Student Admissions > Application Entry > Academic Information > Education
- The Education search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Select Search.
- The External Education tab displays.
- In the School Information section enter or select the External Org ID. To add more schools, select the Add a New Row [+] icon in the heading.
- Enter the Career Data information. To add more career data information, select the Add a New Row [+] icon in the heading.
- Enter the applicant’s Transcript Status and details.
- Enter additional information in the Transcript Summary and External Subjects sections, if applicable.
- Select the Courses and Degrees tab.
- The Courses and Degrees tab displays.
- In the External Course Defaults section, enter additional details as required by the institution. These default values will apply to the courses and degrees added in the next sections.
- Enter any available information in the External Courses section as required by institutional policy.
- In the External Degrees section, enter any available information.
Note: These sections are optional and may not apply to some students.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.