9.2 Entering Template Vouchers
Purpose: Use this document to improve data entry efficiency by creating template vouchers in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Accounts Payable Inquiry
- ZZ Voucher Approval
- ZZ Voucher Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
If you receive multiple similar vouchers from a supplier, you can set up a Template Voucher to improve data entry efficiency. You can use a voucher for a particular supplier as a model for other vouchers that you will enter in the future for that supplier by creating a template voucher. Creating a template voucher saves you lots of keystrokes. A template voucher is never paid or posted. It is a model for other vouchers. After you create and save the template voucher, it is available for use during the entry of other vouchers for the specific supplier.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- The Voucher search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Notice Voucher ID defaults to "NEXT"; after you create and save your voucher, the system will assign a unique and permanent Voucher ID.
- Select Voucher Style = "Template Voucher".
- Enter Supplier ID. Confirm Supplier Location.
- Enter Invoice Date.
- Enter Gross Invoice Amount.
- Enter the tax details; otherwise, you have to make the voucher tax exempt.
- Select Add.
- The Invoice Information tab displays. Use it to enter or view invoice information, including invoice header information, non-merchandise charges, and voucher line and distribution information.
- The Pay Terms field displays the default payment terms. These terms are populated from the Payables default hierarchy.
- Select the Template link.
- The Template Voucher Details window displays.
- Enter Template ID so that you can easily search and reference this template in the future.
- Enter Description.
- Select OK.
- The Template Voucher Details window disappears.
- Use the Distribute By list to select the distribution method: Amount or Quantity. If Distributed By is Quantity then enter the desired information into the UOM and Quantity field.
- Select the Description field. Use the Description field in the Invoice Lines grid to enter a description of the charges related to vouchers created using this template. Enter the desired information into the Description field.
- Enter ChartField details in distribution line details. If you have multiple lines then enter distribution details for each lines.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] icon if needed. Enter the desired information into the field.
- Next, save the voucher template and proceed to creating a new voucher by using the voucher template. Select Save.
- Return to the Voucher search page.
- Enter the desired information into the Supplier ID field.
- Select the Add button.
- The Invoice Information tab displays.
- Select the Expand section button.
- Select the Copy From list. Use the Copy From list to select the template voucher.
- Select the Go link.
- Use the Voucher Template page to select a template to copy. Use the Template ID field to enter or search for the ID you assigned to the voucher template.
- Enter the desired information into the Template ID field.
- Select the Copy from template button.
- The Invoice Information tab displays.
- Select the Invoice No field. Enter the desired information into the Invoice No field.
- Select the Invoice Date field. Enter the desired information into the Invoice Date field. Enter the rest of your details in this Voucher, if you have any. OR you can change your any details here because this data is coming from template Voucher which have created earlier.
- Select Save.
- Notice that the Voucher ID field changes from NEXT to a number generated by the system when you save your information.
- Process complete.