9.2 Merge Duplicate Applicant Records
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to merge duplicate records in ctcLink.
Audience: Admissions staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- <there are no college-grantable roles>
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Merge Duplicate Records
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > SBCTC > Extensions > Campus Community > Personal Information > ID Management > ID Merge
- The ID Merge run control ID search page displays. It defaults to the Find an Existing Value tab. In this example, we'll create a new run control ID.
- Select Add a New Value.
- Enter Run Control ID.
- Select Add.
- Select the appropriate value from the Bad ID list.
- Select the appropriate value from the Good ID list.
- Select Run.
DISCLAIMER: This can be used only when both good and bad id’s are in Applicant (APPL) status. If either EMPLID’s are matriculated (MATR) the process will fail.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Select the Select box for Process Name = "CTC_ID_MERGE".
- Select OK.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears. The updated ID Merge page displays. Note the Process Instance number.
- Select Process Monitor. Refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for instructions.
- The Process List tab displays.
- Select Refresh until the Run Status is "Success" and the Distribution Status is "Posted" for the Process Instance you noted above.
- Select Details.
- The Process Detail page displays.
- Select View Log/Trace.
- The View Log/Trace page displays.
- Select the E090_ID_MERGE file link in the File List section to view the report.
- The report opens in a new window. Review it.
- Close the new window.
- Process complete.