9.2 Adding Applications Manually without a Fee
Purpose: Use this document as a resource for how to add applications manually with a fee waiver in ctcLink
Audience: Admissions Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC AD App Entry
- ZZ AD App Entry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
When adding an admission application (Quick Admit, Add Application) to an existing EMPLID:
- If you copy/paste an EMPLID, you may have noticed that when you copy/paste an EMPLID it can come along with an extra space and tab. Please keep an eye out and delete those extra spaces before and after an EMPLID before saving your record. If you save with the extra space/tab, it creates a NEW EMPLID (a duplicate!) that includes that space/tab.
- If you manually enter an EMPLID, please confirm it is the same as the intended EMPLID before saving. If you save it and it is not the same and intended EMPLID, it can create a new EMPLID (or associate data with the wrong EMPLID).
- When you get a warning that an SSN is already in use, heed it! It is a clue that you may unintentionally be creating a new EMPLID. Stop and figure out who else has the SSN on their record: Are they the same person that you are adding to the system?
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Student Admissions > Application Entry > Add Application
The Add Application page is displayed. Notice that when the Application Entry page appears, the Application Number field is all zeros, and the ID is "NEW." The system will automatically assign an application number and EMPLID to save time.
- Select the appropriate Academic Institution and Academic Career.
- Select the Add button.
- On the Biographical Details tab, enter the appropriate information into the sections below.
- Person Information
- Biographical History
- National ID
- Contact Information
- To edit address information, select the Edit Address hyperlink.
- Enter applicant's
- If you are entering a foreign address for a student, you must select the foreign country first using the lookup tool and then click Edit Address to enter the address fields next.
PeopleSoft delivers foreign address formats to conform to the customary address format of the specified country. Below is a helpful crosswalk for staff to use when determining where to enter values in PeopleSoft foreign address fields.
- Select the OK button.
- Enter the applicant's Phone and Email information in the Contact Information section.
- Select the Regional tab.
- Use the Regional page to view or update the applicant's Ethnicity information.
- Select the Application Program Data tab.
- Use the Application Program Data page to enter the appropriate information about this application.
- Admit Term
- Academic Program
- Academic Plan Data
- Select the Application Data tab.
- In the Application Data section, enter the applicable information into Application Center and Admit Type fields.
- Select the Save button.
Notice an Application Number has now been assigned to the application.