9.2 Adding Applications Manually without a Fee
Purpose: Use this document as a resource for how to add applications manually with a fee waiver in ctcLink
Audience: Admissions Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC AD App Entry
- ZZ AD App Entry
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
- CS 9.2 SACR Security: Basic Requirements for Staff
- CS 9.2 SACR Security: Academic Program Security
- Academic Plan Security
If you need assistance with the above security roles or SACR settings, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
When adding an admission application (Quick Admit, Add Application) to an existing EMPLID:
- If you copy/paste an EMPLID, you may have noticed that when you copy/paste an EMPLID it can come along with an extra space and tab. Please keep an eye out and delete those extra spaces before and after an EMPLID before saving your record. If you save with the extra space/tab, it creates a NEW EMPLID (a duplicate!) that includes that space/tab.
- If you manually enter an EMPLID, please confirm it is the same as the intended EMPLID before saving. If you save it and it is not the same and intended EMPLID, it can create a new EMPLID (or associate data with the wrong EMPLID).
- When you get a warning that an SSN is already in use, heed it! It is a clue that you may unintentionally be creating a new EMPLID. Stop and figure out who else has the SSN on their record: Are they the same person that you are adding to the system?
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Student Admissions > Application Entry > Add Application
The Add Application page is displayed. Notice that when the Application Entry page appears, the Application Number field is all zeros, and the ID is "NEW." The system will automatically assign an application number and EMPLID to save time.
- Select the appropriate Academic Institution and Academic Career.
- Select the Add button.
- On the Biographical Details tab, enter the appropriate information into the sections below.
- Person Information
- Biographical History
- National ID
- Contact Information
- To edit address information, select the Edit Address hyperlink.
- Enter applicant's
- If you are entering a foreign address for a student, you must select the foreign country first using the lookup tool and then click Edit Address to enter the address fields next.
If you are unable to save your address, confirm your address by checking the accuracy of your address. If you cannot save the address due to an error, select the Change Country link and choose your country. This will allow you to bypass the error before choosing OK.
- Click here for instructions on bypassing an address.
PeopleSoft delivers foreign address formats to conform to the customary address format of the specified country. Below is a helpful crosswalk for staff to use when determining where to enter values in PeopleSoft foreign address fields.
- Select the OK button.
- Enter the applicant's Phone and Email information in the Contact Information section.
- Select the Regional tab.
- Use the Regional page to view or update the applicant's Ethnicity information.
- Select the Application Program Data tab.
- Use the Application Program Data page to enter the appropriate information about this application.
- Admit Term
- Academic Program
- Academic Plan Data
- Select the Application Data tab.
- In the Application Data section, enter the applicable information into Application Center and Admit Type fields.
- Select the Save button.
Notice an Application Number has now been assigned to the application.
Sometimes, a student will provide a valid address that isn't recognized by Clean Address. This often happens when an apartment or home is under new construction. In cases where you've verified that a student's address is accurate and the address isn't recognized by Clean Address, bypass Clean Address by following the steps listed below.
The Clean Address database is updated every few months (with data from USPS), so colleges do not need to report addresses that are not recognized by Clean Address.
- Enter the desired information into the following:
- Address 1 field
- Address 2 field (if applicable)
- City field
- State field
- Postal field
- County field
- Select the OK button in the lower-left corner.
- If the address is not verified as deliverable, a message box will appear at the top of the screen.
- In the message box, click OK.
- Above the Address 1 field, select the Change Country link.
- Select USA by scrolling or searching.
- Select OK in the bottom-left corner.
- The Address History page displays. Verify the address in the Address History panel.
- Select OK.
- The Addresses tab displays. Select Save in the lower-left corner.
- Process complete.