CS 9.2 SACR Security - Service Indicator Security
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for applying Service Indicator security in ctcLink.
Audience: Local Security Administrators
You must have the ZZ Local Security Admin or ZZ Local SACR Security Admin role for this navigation. For more information about these two roles, please refer to the CS 9.2 All 'ZZ' Security Roles (Processor) QRG.
LSAs should not grant SACR Security access for Service Indicators beginning with "S" as these are restricted for SBCTC use, except for the following Service Indicators:
- S01 (Non-Converted Legacy Record)
- SOO (CC Opt Out of Communications)
- SXF (Potential Fraudulent Account)
Prior to establishing Service Indicator Security for a user, the user must have a User Profile established in the Campus Solutions pillar and must have established the SACR Security Basic Requirements defined for their User ID, which establishes their institution. Before attempting to add Service Indicator Security be sure to have the User ID number as the search feature does not allow name searches.
Service Indicators with their associated Reason Codes can be holds that prevent a student from receiving certain services or positive indicators that designate special services to be provided. Service Indicator Security controls whether a user has the ability place a Service Indicator on a student record or Release a Service Indicator from a student record. Service Indicator management occurs on the pages/components under Campus Community > Service Indicator (Student) and includes:
- Manager Service Indicators
- Requires check box in the "Placement" and/or "Release" column for each Service Indicator/Reason Code combination.
- Audit Service Indicators
- Does not require placement or release as it simply displays the indicators assigned.
- Mass Assign
- Requires check box in the "Placement" column for each Service Indicator/Reason Code combination.
- Mass Release
- Requires check box in the "Release" column for each Service Indicator/Reason Code combination.
Users who have been granted the role ZZ CC Service Indicate Student would be granted access to the pages above to manage the "placement" and "release" of Service Indicators, but cannot perform that work until they have been granted SACR Security to the relevant Service Indicator codes.
Users will need to have the Service Indicators listed without "placement" or "release" indicated to view the specified service indicators.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Security > Secure Student Administration > User ID > Service Indicator Security.
- Using the Basic Search features, Enter the User ID.
- Using the Advanced Search features, Enter the User ID and/or Academic Institution.
- The Advanced Search feature also enables searches using the 'contains' or between for a partial User ID or range of User IDs to select from. Keep in mind, names are not displayed in the Search Results, so knowing the User ID in advance is key.
- Click Search.
- If more than one search result is returned, click the User ID link from the Search Results list to open the page.
The Service Indicator Security page does not have an 'ALL' feature.
- Click the Look Up (spy glass) icon to search for the desired Service Indicator code.
- To add multiple Service Indicators, click the Plus (+) symbol to add a new row for each Service Indicator.
- Each Service Indicator code could have one or more Reason codes. Every Service Indicator entered, must have at least one Reason code selected. Click the Look Up (spy glass) icon to search for the desired Reason code.
- If more than one Reason code is desired, use the Plus (+) symbol to add a new row, select the Service Indicator code again and then select the additional Reason code.
- For each Service Indicator check either the Placement check box or the Release check box, or both. See above for information about the relationship between these boxes on the Mass Assign/Release components.
- When you have finished assigning Service Indicators, click Save.
- Process complete.