9.2 Entering a Quick Invoice
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering basic invoice data using the Quick Invoice component in ctcLink.
Audience: Any staff who receive an invoice and would like to begin processing it
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Quick Invoice Entry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Entering a Quick Invoice
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Quick Invoice Entry
If you receive an invoice and want to begin processing it immediately, you can use the Quick Invoice Entry component. Enter data from the paper (or electronic) invoice and an Accounts Payable (AP) staff member will check the data and generate a voucher from it.
- From the Quick Invoice Entry page, select the Add a New Value tab.
- On the Add a New Value page enter the following information:
- Business Unit– The value should default.
- Voucher ID– Leave the default value of NEXT (unless local business practice dictates otherwise).
Supplier Name OR Short Supplie rName OR Supplier ID– One of the fields must be entered.
- Select the lookup button for one of these fields to search for the supplier.
- Conduct a search (such as Supplier Name Contains Fitness for example) to limit the number of suppliers returned.
- Select a supplier from the search results.
- The Supplier Name, Short Supplier Name, and Supplier ID fields will be populated based on your selection.
- Invoice Number– This is a required field. Enter the invoice number provided by the supplier.
- Invoice Date– This is a required field. Enter the date from the invoice.
- Gross Invoice Amount– Enter the total amount due including all line amounts, freight, taxes and miscellaneous charges.
- Estimated No. of InvoiceLines– Enter the number of invoice lines or leave the default value.
- Freight Amount– Enter if applicable.
- Sales Tax Amount– Enter if applicable.
- Entered VAT Amount– Leave the default value.
- Misc Charge Amount– Enter if applicable.
- Transaction Currency– Leave the default value.
- Origin– Enter or select ONL (On Line Entry).
- Quick Invoice Template– Leave the default value equal to Simple.
- Select the Add button and the Quick Invoice page will display.
- The values you entered on the Add a New Value page will be transferred onto the Quick Invoice page.
- In the Invoice Lines section, enter values to represent each of the supplier's invoice lines.
Note: The number of lines that appear by default is controlled by the Estimated No. of Invoice Lines from the Add a New Value page. Use only those you need (there is no need to delete unused lines) and add lines as you need them (using the icon). Enter the following values:
- Amount– Enter the line amount. If you entered amounts on the Add a New Value page there may already be a value in the field; update it as needed.
- GLUnit– This value should default.
- Description– Enter a description.
- The remaining fields represent the chartfield string. Whether you enter any chartfields is a matter of local business practice.
- Select the Calculate button (near the top of the page) to insure that your data balances. The system will sum all line amounts, add any freight, tax, or miscellaneous charges entered, and compare the resulting value to the Gross Amount entered. The value of the Difference filed should be zero. If it isn't, verify the values you entered.
- If you entered chartfield data, click the Edit Combinations button (near the top of the page). The system will insure that the individual chartfield values are valid and represent a valid combination. If there are errors you will get an error message.
- Select the Save button. A unique Voucher ID is assigned. AP staff will review the data and run the Voucher Build process to generate a working voucher from the Quick Invoice data.
- Process complete.