9.2 Approving Travel Authorizations
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for budget checking and approving travel authorizations in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance and Business Office staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses Approval
- ZZ Expenses Manager
- ZZ Expenses Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Approving Travel Authorizations
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Travel and Expenses > Approve Transactions > Approve Transactions
- On the Approve Transactions page, select the Travel Authorizations tab to review and approve multiple Travel Authorizations. The Travel Authorizations tab will display.
- On the Travel Authorizations tab, select the Description link or Transaction ID link to navigate to the Travel Authorization Summary page. The Travel Authorization Summary page will display.
Use the Travel Authorization Summary page to review a summary of travel authorization expenses. Managers and project managers who have authority to approve travel authorizations use this page.
- On the Travel Authorization Summary page, select the Expense Type link to access the Expense Detail page to view information about each expense line. The Expense Detail page will display.
- On the Expense Detail page, review the expense line.
If you have finished reviewing the information on the Travel Authorization and are ready to make an approval action, you may need to Budget Check the transaction first. Whether budget checking is needed depends on local BU configuration and the stage of approvals the Travel Authorization is in.
- On the Travel Authorization Summary page, select the Budget Options link. The Commitment Control Details pagelet will display.
- On the Commitment Control Details pagelet, select Budget Check to initiate the Travel Authorization budget check.
- On the Commitment Control Details pagelet, note that the Budget Checking Header Status has changed and additional fields are displayed.
- Select OK after the budget check has completed to close the Commitment Control Details pagelet.
- If you are ready to make an approval action for the Travel Authorization, select the desired approval action button at the bottom of the screen. In this example, Approve was selected. The Save Confirmation pagelet will display.
- Select the Return to Travel Authorization Summary link to return to the summary page.
The buttons available depend on local BU configuration and the stage of approvals the Travel Authorization is in.
- On the Save Confirmation pagelet, select OK. The Travel Authorization has been successfully approved.
If you received an error message and are not able to approve the report, go to the Comments section, add the following comments "Error in approving report please review errors and resubmit once fixed". Select the Send Back button to sent a report back to the employee to review the error. Once fixed, the employee can submit the report back into the approval list.
- Process complete.