Add Authorized Expense Users
Purpose: Use this document as a reference guide in adding authorized expense users in ctcLink.
Audience: Expense administrators.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses User Admin
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
When searching by ‘Employee ID’, you are setting who can create Travel documents for that Employee ID. When searching by ‘User ID’, you are setting which Employees that user can create Travel documents for, i.e. a Travel Admin user.
Add an Authorized Expense User
Navigation: Travel & Expenses > Manage Expenses Security > Authorize Expense Users
- The Authorize Expense Users search page displays.
- In the Search By section, Select the Employee ID or the User ID radio button.
- Enter the Employee ID in the Search Value field or select the lookup icon to see a list of values.
- Select the Search button.
- The Authorize Expense users - Employee page displays.
- Review information, select [+] plus sign to add an authorized user.
- A new row is added.
- Enter a new Authorized User ID (this user will be allowed to create documents on behalf of the Employee ID).
- Use the drop-down menu to select authorization level;
- Edit: user can only create and edit documents-can't submit.
- Edit & Submit: user has full functionality on behalf of search value EMPL ID.
- View: the authorized user can only view the document, not create, edit nor submit.
- To remove an Authorized User ID, select the [-] minus sign for the applicable row.
- Once updates are complete, select the Save button.
- The process to add an authorized expense is now complete.
- The navigation to create and modify Expense documents as an 'Authorized Expense User' is accessed through Employee Self Service. Please follow the Navigation: Employee Self Service > Travel and Expenses to create/modify expense documents.
- End of procedure.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Add Authorized Expense Users. This link will open in a new tab/window.