FIN - Create Delegation Request
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating a delegation request in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance Staff / Approvers
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Delegation
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Delegation is the act of giving someone authority or responsibility for oneself. A delegate/proxy is someone to represent your transactions/processes and/or approvals during an absence like vacation or medical leave.
This process should be used when Approvers are out of the office and unable to complete approvals.
If you need to create a Delegation Request on behalf of another user, please Submit a Service Desk Ticket.
Do not confuse Creating Delegation requests with Adding Authorized Expense Users.
Delegations can only be used for Active employees. Do not use when an employee leaves service and need to delegate their approval authority.
Step 1: Delegation Dates
Navigation: FSCM Employee Self-Service Menu > Delegations Tile
- From the Employee Self-Service main menu, select the Delegations tile.
- The Delegations sub page tiles are displayed.
- Select the Create Delegation Request tile.
- On the Step 1 of 4: Delegation Dates page, enter the Start Date.
- Enter the End Date or leave blank for open ended delegations.
- Enter a Comment. Note that this is a required field.
- Select the Next button to advance to the next step, Proxies.
Step 2: Proxies
- On the Step 2 of 4: Proxies page, select the delegate (also known as proxy) by selecting the Add Delegate button or from the list by selecting the checkbox next to their name.
- Select the Done button.
- Notice that the checkbox next to the delegate just entered is now checked.
- Select the Next button to advance to the next step, Transactions.
Step 3: Transactions
- On the Step 3 of 4: Transactions page, select the checkboxe(s) for the transactions that are to be included in the delegation request. These transactions are reassigned going forward, however not for transactions already in progress.
- Select the Next button to advance to the final step, Review and Submit.
The Transaction list options will depend upon your specific security roles. In order to delegate your transactions/processes/approvals successfully, the delegate or proxy will need to have similar security roles. For example, an AR Staff person can delegate to someone with similar AR security roles.
Step 4: Review and Submit
- On the Step 4 of 4: Review and Submit page, review the Delegation Details, including:
- Start Date
- End Date
- Delegate name
- Transactions to be delegated
- Select the Submit button.
- A confirmation message 'Delegation request has been submitted' will display. Select OK.
- When you are done, select the Exit button to return to the Delegations menu.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Create Delegation Request. This link will open in a new window.