Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to Cancel a Payment in ctcLink
Audience: Travelers or managers
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This process cancels an Expense or Cash Advance set up for payment. This action generates the correct accounting entries associated with the cancellation. There are two types of cancellations: one with commitment control has to include reversal to the commitment control; and one set up without checking budget does not.
Canceling a Payment
Navigation: Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Expense Processing
Canceling With Commitment Control
- The Expense Transactions search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA040_CANCEL_PMT (College, Process).
- If you get a security message below; select the OK button and then select the tab Selected Business Units and enter the business unit.
- The Selected Business Units tab displays. Enter or select Business Unit from the drop-down menu.
- The business unit Description populates automatically. If more than one business units need to be added, select the plus sign [+] icon.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Expense Processes tab.
- The Expense Processes tab displays. If the run control is new (like in this example) select Save then select the Refresh button to update the transaction counts.
- Check mark the box Cancel Payments.
- Select the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. The Expense Transaction Processing description is automatically checked.
- Select the OK button.
- The Expense Processes page displays. Note the Process Instance number.
- Select the Process Monitor link to monitor the status. Please refer to the Process Schedule Request steps for further instructions.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Canceling Payments. This link will open in a new tab/window.