9.2 Rolling Over Travel Authorizations
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to Rollover Travel Authorization encumbrances into the next period, if they have not been applied to an Expense Report, in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance and Business Office staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Roll To New Period can only be performed if the period you want to Roll the encumbrance to, is open and have an existing budget available in the New Year.
Rolling Over a Travel Authorization
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Travel and Expenses > Manage Accounting > Rollover Travel Authorization
- The Rollover Travel Authorization run control search page displays.
- Search for an existing Run Control ID OR select Add a New Value tab to add a new value.
- The Rollover Travel Authorization page displays.
- Select the Process Parameter method at the top left of the page.
STEP 1 - Reverse Current Period - Select to reverse out encumbrances from the prior period. (can be done at any time of the year).
STEP 2 - Roll to New Period - Select to re-encumber funds in the new Fiscal year. This option will only display search results after STEP 1 has ran. If this option is selected, PeopleSoft Expenses displays the 'Change Accounting Date To' and 'Change Budget Date To' fields you will enter the new Fiscal year date in these fields.
- Enter a Description in the Description field.
- Select your Business Unit.
- Enter additional Search Criteria if desired (not required).
- Select Search.
- Eligible Travel Authorizations will display in the Travel Authorization List.
- Select the Travel Authorizations you want to Rollover.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Use this page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Select OK.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears.
- Notice the Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check the status. Select the Process Monitor link, then refer to the Process Monitor QRG for instructions.
- After STEP 1 - Reverse Current Period has completed successfully, go back to Step 4 and select Roll to New Period and follow again through Step 15.
- Process complete.