9.2 Modifying Expenses User Defaults
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for modifying user defaults in ctcLink Expenses.
Audience: Faculty and staff seeking travel reimbursement.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Employee Review Profile
- ZZ PeopleSoft User
Modifying Expenses User Defaults
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expenses > Review/Edit Profile
Note: It is not recommended to make any changes to this screen.
- The Review/Edit Profile page displays. Select the User Defaults tab. The User Defaults page displays. It is composed of six sections, each of which will be shown and described below.
- Use the Default Creation Method section to specify how the system behaves when you create a Travel Authorization or Expense Report. For example, the following options are available for Expense Reports:
- Open a Blank Report– Creating an expense report will not prompt the creator to copy any existing data.
- Copy From a Travel Auth. – Creating an Expense Report will prompt for a Travel Authorization to copy.
- Copy from a Template – Will prompt for a Template to copy.
- Copy an Existing Report – Will prompt for an Expense Report to copy.
- Use the Expense Defaults section to specify a default value for various fields. For example, specify an Expense Location if most expenses are incurred in a particular city.
- Use the Expense Type Defaults section to configure a default Payment Type and/or Billing Type for a particular Expense Type. For example, the following defines default values for all in-state hotel stays.
- Use the Projects Defaults for Expenses section to define project-related accounting values.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.