9.2 Create Fluid Expense Report (Tile)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create expense reports using the PeopleSoft Fluid tile
Audience: General Travel and Expense Users
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ PeopleSoft User
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
An Expense Report (ER) is Travel document created after travel to record actual cost of travel; it may also produce a reimbursement and/or reconcile a Cash Advance. It is used for ALL Employee Reimbursements and replaces A-19.
Create Fluid Expense Report (Tile)
- From the Finance Employee Self Service homepage, select the Expenses tile.
- Select the Create Expense Report tile to create a Fluid Expense Report.
The Fluid Expense Report has a different look than the classic yet most of the same functionality. As with Classic, users begin with the header information.
- Enter the Business Purpose, Description, and Default Location. If you have receipts, attach them under Attach Receipt button. To set or change the accounting chart string for the document, select the Accounting Defaults button.
- Be sure and complete all required fields with the accounting information you were provided for travel and then select the Done button.
- Select the Add Expense button to begin entering line items.
- Enter Date, Expense Type, Description, Payment, Amount (if not per diem expense type), and Billing Type.
For the Payment field, typically "Employee" or "P-Card" options are selected. For the Billing Type field, "Billable" should always be selected.
- If the Expense Type is for Transportation Mileage, enter Transportation ID and Miles.
- To return to the header information to add attachments or make other changes, select the edit icon next to the Expense Report Description at the top of the page.
- Select the Add button to create additional expense lines, or if complete, select the Save or Review and Submit button.
- The Summary page will indicate if there are errors on the page; for example: missing accounting chart string. You can add notes, under Additional Information.
- Once all errors have been corrected, select the Submit button.
- End of procedure.