9.2 Modify Approved Transactions
Purpose: Use this document as a reference on how to modify or edit an Expense Document that has been fully approved, but not Posted.
Audience: Travel Administrators (this cannot be done by someone who entered the transactions that is being edited, it would have to be done by a T&E admin user with Approval privileges and the role ZZ Expenses Processing).
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses Manager
- ZZ Expenses Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Do not use this functionality to edit documents in a status of ‘Paid’. As an example, if you have an Expense Report with all items inadvertently marked as non-reimbursable, it will automatically change to a status of ‘Paid’ after the final Approval. Editing the Expense Lines here and removing the ‘non reimbursable’ flag, will not generate a payment. In this case, a new Expense Report would need to be created if the Expense Lines were indeed supposed to be reimbursable.
Navigation: Navigator > Travel and Expenses > Approve Transactions > Modify Approved Transactions
- The Modify Approved Transactions Overview tab page displays.
- Select the Expense Reports tab.
- Use the Search Pending Transactions drop down menu arrow to refine search criteria.
Optional to select use the plus/minus icons to further filter search criteria. Select the Refresh List button to refresh the page.
- Once you have refined filter results and located your transactions, select the Blue hyperlink under the Description or Transaction ID columns to open the transaction.
- The Expense Report Summary page displays.
- To update the Accounting Date to the current period, your approver type must have access to Modify the Accounting date field. If the Accounting Date field is not editable, ERP support can help you. Please submit a Service Ticket for assistance.
Updating the Accounting Date to the current period is required if you will be running the Budget Check process.
- To check the Budget status or run the Budget Check process, scroll to the bottom of the page to review the budget info.
Note: This report doesn’t have a budget status, so hasn’t been budget checked.
- Select Budget Options to run the budget check. If you get a budget error, or the budget status is ‘Error in Budget Check’, you will need to modify the chart string in the Expense Report Lines or have your KK department add a budget journal for your chart string.
- To edit the Expense Lines, scroll back up about halfway, to ‘Expense Line Items’ section, and click on the blue hyperlink under ‘Expense Type’. You will need to verify each expense line one by one, for a valid chart string.
- In the Expense Detail screen, select ‘Accounting Detail’ to edit the chart string.
- The Account Detail page displays.
- Edit the Chartfield Values and then select ‘OK’ when you are done.
Please note that if you make changes to the Chartfield values, you must Budget Check the changes you’ve made by re-running the budget check.
- You return to the The ‘Expense Detail’ screen.
- If there are more lines to correct, you can select ‘Next Expense’, if not, select ‘Return to Expense Report’.
- Once all your Chartfield corrections are made, you can re-run the Budget Check, by clicking on the blue hyperlink, ‘Budget Options’.
- A Budget status of ‘Warning’ or ‘Valid’ is required in order for Expense Reports to be eligible to be Paid out by A/P by being ‘Staged’ by Expense Processing.
- Back on the Expense Report Summary page, you are also able to mark Receipts Received and Verified from this Modified Approved Transactions page (if not already done by a previous Approver). This is required or the document is not eligible to be Paid out by A/P by being ‘Staged’ through Expense Processing;
- Select the box in front of ‘Receipts Received’.
- Select the box below ‘Receipt Verified’ (if available).
If you need to add attachments to your expense document, select the blue hyperlink text ‘Attachments’ in the header.
- Select ‘OK’ when you are done with the Attachments.
Please note, this Expense Report document already has 3 attachments, you can remove any or all of them and/or add new attachments;
- Select the Minus sign to remove attachments.
- Select ‘Add Attachment’ to add a new attachment.
- When you are done editing/modifying the Expense Document, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select ‘Save’.
- Process complete.