9.2 Closing Cash Advances
Purpose: Use this document to close cash advances in ctcLink.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
When a cash advance has been approved for payment processing, you can "Close It" after you have posted its liabilities, but not "Staged It" for Payment Processing.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Close Expenses > Mark Cash Advance for Close
- The Mark Cash Advance for Close search page displays. Enter the employee cash advance number in Advance ID field OR select Advance Search.
- Select Search.
- The Cash Advance Close page displays.
- Select Reversal Date: To indicate the reversal date for Expenses to use reverse the accounting liability entries, select Use Current Date or Use Specific Date. This opens a field for you to enter the date to reverse liability entries.
- Select Close. This will mark the cash advance for closing and changes the status to Close in Process.
You can use the Close Cash Advance page to modify the reversal date and verify the cash advance is to be closed. If you do not need to change the reversal date, simply select OK to proceed.
- The Close Cash Advance confirmation page displays. Adjust Reversal Date if needed, then select OK.
- The Close Cash Advance confirmation page disappears. To process a cash advance that is marked for closing, use the Expense Processes page. Navigate to NavBar > Navigator > Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Expense Processing.
- The Expense Transactions run control ID search page displays. Search for an existing Run Control ID OR select Add a New Value tab to add a new value.
- Select Search for an existing run control ID; select Add if you're creating a new run control ID.
- The Expense Processes tab displays.
- If the Run Control ID is new, select the Save button and then select the Refresh button to update the transaction counts.
- If you are using an existing Run Control ID, the transaction counts will update automatically.
- Select the Close Liability option. (When you select the Close Liability option and run the Application Engine process, the system reverses the liability entries for expense reports that are marked for closing and changes the status to "Closed").
- Select Refresh.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Select OK.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears.
- The updated Expense Processes tab displays.
- Note the Process Instance number.
- Select Process Monitor.
- Refer to the Process Monitor QRG for instructions.
Notice that the Cash Advances field has been updated for the Close Liability process.
- Process complete.