9.2 Closing Cash Advances
Purpose: Use this document to close cash advances in ctcLink.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
When a cash advance has been approved for payment processing, you can "Close It" after you have posted its liabilities, but not "Staged It" for Payment Processing.
Mark Cash Advance
Navigation: Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Close Expenses > Mark Cash Advance for Close
- The Mark Cash Advance for Close search page displays. Optional to use the Advanced Search function OR enter the employee Advance ID or use the "Search by:" criteria to help identify the Advance ID:
- Advance Description.
- Advance ID.
- Advance Status.
- Creation Date.
- Empl ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The Cash Advance Close page displays.
- Select Reversal Date: To indicate the reversal date for Expenses to use reverse the accounting liability entries and opens a field for you to enter the date to reverse liability entries. Select a Reversal Date radio button:
- Use Current Date.
- Use Specific Date.
- Select the Close button. This will mark the cash advance for closing and changes the status to Close in Process.
You can use the Close Cash Advance page to modify the reversal date and verify the cash advance is to be closed. If you do not need to change the reversal date, simply select OK to proceed.
- The Close Cash Advance confirmation page displays. Adjust Reversal Date if needed.
- Select OK to close the confirmation page. To process a cash advance that is marked for closing, use the Expense Processing page.
Navigation: Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Expense Processing
- The Expense Transactions search page displays. If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA020_CLOSE_CA (Business Unit, Process).
- The Expense Processing tab displays. You may need to add/verify your college on the Selected Business Units tab page.
- If the Run Control ID is new, select the Save button and then select the Refresh button to update the transaction counts.
- If you are using an existing Run Control ID, the transaction counts will update automatically.
- Select the Close Liability option. (When you select the Close Liability option and run the Application Engine process, the system reverses the liability entries for expense reports that are marked for closing and changes the status to "Closed"). Select the Save button.
- Select Refresh.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Select OK to run the Expense Transaction Processing process (EX_TRAN_PRCS).
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears and the updated Expense Processes tab displays.
- Note the Process Instance number. Select Process Monitor. Refer to the QRG Process Scheduler/Process Monitor for instructions.
Notice that the Cash Advances field has been updated for the Close Liability process.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video. - coming soon!
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Closing Cash Advances. This link will open in a new tab/window. coming soon!