9.2 FIN - Create Delegation Request
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating a delegation request in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance Staff / Approvers.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Former Employee
- ZZ PeopleSoft User
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Delegation is the act of giving someone authority or responsibility for oneself. A delegate/proxy is someone to represent your transactions/processes and/or approvals during an absence like vacation or medical leave.
This process should be used when Approvers are out of the office and unable to complete approvals.
If you need to create a Delegation Request on behalf of another user, please Submit a Service Desk Ticket.
Do not confuse Creating Delegation requests with Adding Authorized Expense Users.
Create Delegation Request
Navigation: Employee Self-Service Menu > Delegations Tile
- From the Employee Self-Service main menu, select the Delegations tile.
- The Delegations sub page tiles are displayed.
- Select the Create Delegation Request tile.
- On the Step 1 of 4: Delegation Dates page, enter the Start Date.
- Enter the End Date or leave blank for open ended delegations.
- Enter a Comment. Note that this is a required field.
- Select the Next button to advance to the next step, Proxies.
Note that you can either enter select the delegate from the list, by selecting the checkbox next to their name, or by selecting the Add Delegate button.
- On the Step 2 of 4: Proxies page, select the Add Delegate button. The Add Delegate pagelet will display.
- On the Add Delegate pagelet, enter the User ID of the delegate (also known as proxy).
- Select the Done button.
- Notice that the checkbox next to the delegate just entered is now checked.
- Select the Next button to advance to the next step, Transactions.
- The Transaction list displays.
The Transaction list options will depend upon your specific security roles. In order to delegate your transactions/processes/approvals successfully, the delegate or proxy will need to have similar security roles. For example, an AR Staff person can delegate to someone with similar AR security roles.
- On the Step 3 of 4: Transactions page, select the checkboxe(s) for the transactions that are to be included in the delegation request. These transactions will be reassigned to the delegate for approval.
- Select the Next button to advance to the final step, Review and Submit.
- On the Step 4 of 4: Review and Submit page, review the Delegation Details, including:
- Start Date
- End Date
- Delegate name
- Transactions to be delegated
- Select the Submit button.
- A confirmation message 'Delegation request has been submitted' will display. Select OK.
- When you are done, select the Exit button to return to the Delegations menu.
- Process complete.