9.2 Using Expenses WorkCenter
Purpose: Use this document to get a basic understanding of the Expenses WorkCenter in ctcLink.
Audience: Travel and Expenses Admin Users.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses Manager
- ZZ Expenses Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
WorkCenters are a central navigational component that is designed for the end user. The goal of the WorkCenter is to help an end user become more efficient by accessing frequently used pages and pagelets.
As an end user, you can utilize WorkCenter tools such as Edit Filters to tailor the results of your WorkCenter.
The WorkCenter can include these primary tabs and pagelets:
- The Main tab contains the My Work and Links pagelets.
- The Reports/Queries tab contains the Queries and Reports/Processes pagelets.
Each pagelet contains links to transactional pages or information.
The system administrator customizes and configures the links appearing in each pagelet--My Work, Links, Queries,andReports/Processes--of the WorkCenter.
Using Expenses WorkCenter
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Travel and Expenses > Expenses WorkCenter
- The Expenses WorkCenter welcome page displays.
The My Work pagelet includes links to pages that you may want to access frequently. It includes links divided into these collapsible sections:
- Current Work
- After you expand each section, you may need to resize your window. You can drag the dotted handle to resize the pagelet, when needed.
- Select the arrowhead next to the words Current Work to expand the section. This is your collapse and expand button.
The My Work section consolidates links to these transactional areas:
- Cash Advances (submitted, but not approved for payment)
- Expense Reports (Submitted, but not approved for payment)
- Outstanding Cash Advances (Paid, but not manually reconciled or applied to an Expense Report)
- Pending Expense Reports (not submitted)
- Travel Authorizations (submitted, but not approved for payment)
- Unapplied Travel Authorizations (not applied to an expense report)
- My Work
- You can track the actionable items assigned to your user ID in this section. If you have any actionable alerts, you can select one and it will open in the Transaction Window.
- After you have completed reviewing this screen, you can select the expand/collapse icon again to collapse it.
- If you see a transactional area listed in red with asterisks (**) and the error message listed in the window saying "**Required filter field value not defined," it means that you will need to edit your filters to add an identifier like a business unit and save the change(s). You will now update your filters to remove an error.
- To edit the filters, select the Edit Filters link.
- The Edit Filters page displays for you to choose which links to filter.
- You can select the View All link and that will expand all the Group Labels.
- You can easily see which ones will need to be updated as they are highlighted in red. For this example, you will edit the filters for the Link Label contained within the Current Work Group Label.
- Additionally, all the items contained in the Current Work Group, need to have the GL BU filter added, or you will see Transactions for all GL BU’s.
- Select pencil icon to open a new window to configure your filters.
- You see a list of choices to review and update. You can scroll down to see the rest of the list as well as the OK, Cancel, and Apply button.
- After you have made your selections, select Apply button to save your changes. A pop-up message displays instructing you to refresh the pagelet to see your changes.
- Select OK to close the window and return to the Edit Filters page.
- After refreshing the screen, you no longer see the error message. You can also use the Edit Filters page to make other updates to customize your results.
- Notice that some items are displayed in blue, and others in black.
- Items displayed in blue contain information and you can access them by selecting the link.
- Items displayed in black do not contain information. Modifying the Filter Values for an item may produce results.
- Navigate to the Links pagelet.
The Links pagelet is used to consolidate links to frequently used pages. The links that appear are determined during system setup and are categorized into these sections:
- External Resource Links
- Manage Employee Information
- Expense Report Batch Processing
- You can expand and collapse each area to see sub-level links as you did in the My Work pagelet and then select actionable links to review further detail.
- You can also add New Items to the Links Pagelet by selecting the 3 vertical dots and then select Personalize.
- The Define User “Links” Links window will open.
- You can select View All and/or select the plus icon to add a new section to the Links Pagelet.
- When you add a new Group, it can contain Links that are URL’s as well as ctcLink Menu Items.
- To add a ctcLink Menu Item, select Define.
- Then select the Link Type of Menu Item and then select Select Menu Item.
- The Select a Content Reference window opens, and you can select the Menu Item you wish to create the link for.
- If you see a file folder icon with an arrow, you will need to select the icon to open up the sub menu. You may need to drill down a few times until you get to the Menu Item you need, which will be in blue text.
- Once you have selected your Menu Item, the Define Link window will open.
- You have the option of editing the Label if you prefer, by putting a check box in Override Label and then Editing the Label text.
- Select OK when you are done.
- You will be back in the Define User “Links” Links window.
- From this window, you can add a new row to create a new Link, enter a Display Order and update the Show Link, Starting Page and Open in New Window options.
- Select Save when you are done personalizing the Links pagelet.
- You will be prompted to Refresh the pagelet to see your changes. Select OK.
- Navigate to the Reports/Queries tab, which includes the Queries and Reports/Processes pagelets.
- The Queries pagelet does not contain any preset queries. You will have to add your frequently used queries by selecting the 3 vertical dots and then select Personalize.
- The Define User Query Links window will open.
- From this window, you can edit the Group Label, add new Groups, enter the Query Type, add new Queries and set the Display order.
- You can Download results from Queries to save the query results in the desired format, including an Excel spreadsheet, CSV text file, or XML file.
- The Reports/Processes pagelet includes links to run control pages in 1 collapsible section, Reports.
- For example, you can access the run control page for Expense Transaction by Dept within the Reports section.
- The links that appear in these sections are determined during system setup.
- Select the Items expand button, then select the Expense Transaction by Dept link.
- Enter the desired information into the Run Control ID field, then select the Search button.
- Select a value or Add a New Value to run Expense Transaction by Dept.
- This completes the review of the Expenses WorkCenter.
- Process complete.