9.2 Closing Expense Reports
Purpose: Use the Expense Reports Close page to mark an expense report for close if it has been approved for payment processing but not staged for payments. Also, the expense report post status is posted.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Close Expenses > Mark Expense Report for Close
- The Mark Expense Report for Close search page displays. If you know the employee's expense report number, then you can enter it in the Report ID field; otherwise, select the Advance Search link and enter the search different criteria.
- Select Search.
- The Mark Expense Report for Close page displays.
- Select Reversal Date.
- Select Close to close the expense report.
You can use the Close Expense Report page to modify the reversal date and verify that the expense report is to be closed.
- The Close Expense Report confirmation page displays.
- Adjust the Reversal Date as needed.
- Select OK.
- After you confirm your selection, the system marks the expense report for closing.
- Notice that the Close button is no longer available.
- The Close Expense Report confirmation page disappears. To process an expense report that is marked for closing, use the Expense Processes page.
- Navigate to: NavBar > Navigator > Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Expense Processing.
- The Expense Transactions run control ID search page displays. Search for an existing Run Control ID or select Add a New Value to create a new run control ID.
- Select Search for an existing run control ID. Select Add to create a new run control ID.
- The Expense Processes tab displays.
- If the Run Control ID is new, select the Save button and then select the Refresh button to update the transaction counts.
- If you are using an existing Run Control ID, the transaction counts will update automatically.
- Select the Close Liability option. (When you select the Close Liability option and run the Application Engine process, the system reverses the liability entries for expense reports that are marked for closing and changes the status to "Closed").
- Select Refresh.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Select OK.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears.
- The updated Expense Processes tab displays.
- Note the Process Instance number.
- Select Process Monitor.
- Refer to the Process Monitor QRG for instructions.
- Process complete.