9.2 Posting Expense Payments
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to post an expense payment in ctcLink.
Audience: Travel managers seeking to release expense reports
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Expenses Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
The update paid status may go to zero after running the Post Payment Expense process. This is a known issue and was a change by Oracle. We still recommend periodically running the update paid status process to verify all items are cleared.
Posting Expense Payments
Navigation: Travel and Expenses > Process Expenses > Expense Processing
- The Expense Transactions search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA020_POST_PMTS (College, Process).
- If you get a security message below; select the OK button and then select the tab Selected Business Units and enter the business unit.
- The Selected Business Units tab displays. Enter or select Business Unit from the drop-down menu.
- The business unit Description populates automatically. If more than one business units need to be added, select the plus sign [+] icon.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Expense Processes tab.
- The Expense Processes tab displays. If the run control is new (like in this example) select Save then select the Refresh button to update the transaction counts.
- Check mark the Post Payments box.
- Select the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Use this page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Select OK. The Process Scheduler Request page disappears. The Expense Processes tab is updated.
- Notice the Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check the status. Please refer to the Process Schedule Request steps for further instructions.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video. - coming soon!
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Posting Expense Payments. This link will open in a new tab/window. - coming soon!