9.2 Course Eligibility for Financial Aid
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to identify course eligibility for financial aid in ctcLink.
Audience: Course Builders and Financial Aid Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CM Course Catalog
- ZD CM Course Catalog
- ZD CM Course and Class Inquiry
- ZD CM Local Configuration
- ZD FWL View Cnt Calc
- ZZ CM Course Catalog
- ZZ CM Local Configuration
- ZZ FWL Contract Calc
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set the following SACR Security permissions:
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
Course Eligiblity for Financial Aid
- The Course Catalog search page displays. It defaults to the Find an Existing Value page.
- Enter search criteria.
- Select Search.
- The Catalog Data page displays.
- Course eligibility for Financial Aid is based on the Financial Aid progress units assigned to the course. Notice the Financial Aid Progress Units = 5.00
- If the course is NOT Financial Aid eligible, the college should zero out the units. This ensures the units will not be included in Financial Aid awarding and calculations. Notice the Financial Aid Progress Units = 0.00
- If the course is variable units, it is not possible to zero out the Financial Aid Progress Units. Notice the Financial Aid Progress Units is grayed out.
- In this case, run process Updating FA Progress Units on Desired Classes by Students to zero out the Financial Aid Progress Units at the student enrollment for academic classes that have CIP code in the 32.000-32.999 range. This ensures the units will not be included in Financial Aid awarding and calculations.
- Process complete.