9.2 Enter SEVIS Visa Permit Data
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering SEVIS Visa Permit data in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff responsible for maintaining student SEVIS information.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CS SEVIS
- ZD CS SEVIS
- ZZ CS SEVIS
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
A person record must exist for the individual receiving the Visa Permit Data modification in order to proceed with this process. See QRG: 9.2 Adding Applications Manually.
Enter SEVIS Visa Permit Data
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > SEVIS > Personal Information > Visa/Permit Data
SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) is a web-based system used by the Department of Homeland Security to maintain information on students attending Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified schools.
Institutional level security views will prevent you from viewing Visa/Permit Data for a student at another institution.
- The Visa/Permit Data search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to locate your student.
- Select Search.
- The Visa/Permit Data page displays.
Enter sufficient data to align with college business process needs. The required fields are:
- Country: Use lookup tool to select USA
- Type: Use lookup tool to select visa type applicable to SEVIS process:
- Options: F1, F2, J1, J2, M1, M2
- Effective Date defaults to today’s date but can be changed as needed
- Status defaults to “Applied” but can be changed as needed
- Status Date defaults to today’s date but can be changed as needed
- Duration Type defaults to today’s date but can be changed as needed
- Any supporting documents attached to this record are accessed by selecting Get Supporting Documents.
- Select the Port of Entry Data tab.
- The Port of Entry Data tab displays.
- Enter data to align with college business process needs. The Port of Entry Data tab does not require data to be entered.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.