Delete Student Activity Guides in Batch
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to delete student activity guide by in batch.
Audience: Student Services staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD CC Activity Guide
- ZZ CC Activity Guide
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Campus Community > Task Management Work Center > Delete Tasks
- If you have run this process in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended (e.g., WA220_DeleteActivityGuide).
- Input the Academic Institution.
- Input the Template ID. At the moment, the only template ID value is for the Personal Information Verification activity guide, "CTC_TM_PER."
- Choose the status of the Activity Guides that should be deleted:
- All: Selects all activity guides for completion.
- Cancelled: Selects cancelled activity guides for completion.
- Completed: Selects completed activity guides for completion.
- In Progress: Selects in progress activity guides for completion.
- Enter a term value in the Context Data field.
- Use the Population Selection section to identify activity guides to be deleted:
External File: Upload a .csv file. SCC_TM_LIST_ID is a required field.
- Search for tasks assigned to students by selecting Task List from the left-side menu.
- Template ID: Click on the looking glass and choose CTC_TM_PER.
- Expand the Context Data panel and enter the desired term and select Search.
- Students appear below. Download to Excel and save as a .csv file. The Instance ID is required for file mapping. Visit the QRG Create File Mapping for more information about File Mapping.
PS Query: Use one of the following queries to select activity guides to be deleted.
- SCC_TM_BAT_DEL: This query may return more than 50,000 results. If more than 50,000 results are returned, download the query results and upload them as a .csv population selection file.
- QCS_CC_SCC_TM_BAT_DEL_50K: If SCC_TM_BAT_DEL returns more than 50,000 results and you do not want to upload a population selection file, use QCS_CC_SCC_TM_BAT_DEL_50K instead. This query will return less than 50,000 results. As a result, the Task Management - Delete Task process may need to be run multiple times in order to delete all activity guides.
- External File: Upload a .csv file. SCC_TM_LIST_ID is a required field.
- The process will delete only those activity guides associated with the Context Data term with an existing Status value that matches the selected status and is found in the population selection results.
- The Task Management - Delete Task process will fail if the population selection query returns 50,000 or more results. Upload a population selection file to process more than 50,000 activity guides at a time, or use QCS_CC_SCC_TM_BAT_DEL_50K to limit results to less than 50,000 activity guides.
- Use the Student Override section to identify activity guides to be deleted by students. The Student Override option is unavailable when using a Population Selection file or query.
- Click Run, then click OK. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for further instructions.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Delete Student Activity Guide. This link will open in a new tab/window.