9.2 Remove Home Address (SEVIS)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for removing a home address by inactivating it in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff responsible for maintaining student SEVIS information.
A person record must exist for the individual receiving the address modification in order to proceed with this process. See QRG: 9.2 Adding Applications Manually.
An active home address type must currently exist on the student’s record to proceed with this process.
A foreign address cannot be an active home address per SEVIS requirements.
Remove Home Address (SEVIS)
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > SEVIS > Personal Information > Add/Update a Person
- The Add/Update a Person search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Check the Include History option.
- Select the Search button.
- The Add/Update a Person page displays.
- Select the Addresses tab.
- The student’s Current Addresses will be listed for the student at the top of the page.
- Select the ”Edit/View Address Detail” link for the Home address type.
- The Address History page will display.
- Select the [+] plus sign button to add a row.
- Two address rows will now display for home address type.
- Effective Date will default to today’s date.
- Status will default to Active.
- The Address in the new row will match the original address listed in first row of data.
- Select the drop-down tool Status field and select Inactive.
- Select OK.
- The Add/Update a Person page displays and defaults to the Addresses tab.
- The Home address type will display “Inactive” for the Status field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Save” to save changes.
- The process to Remove Home Address is now complete.
- End of procedure.