9.2 Remove Home Address (SEVIS)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for removing a home address by inactivating it in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff responsible for maintaining student SEVIS information.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC SOGI
- ZC CS SEVIS
- ZD CC SOGI
- ZD CS SEVIS
- ZZ CC SOGI
- ZZ CS SEVIS
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
A person record must exist for the individual receiving the address modification in order to proceed with this process. See QRG: 9.2 Adding Applications Manually.
An active home address type must currently exist on the student’s record to proceed with this process.
A foreign address cannot be an active home address per SEVIS requirements.
Remove Home Address (SEVIS)
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > SEVIS > Personal Information > Add/Update a Person
- The Add/Update a Person search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Check the Include History option.
- Select the Search button.
- The Add/Update a Person page displays.
- Select the Addresses tab.
- The student’s Current Addresses will be listed for the student at the top of the page.
- Select the ”Edit/View Address Detail” link for the Home address type.
- The Address History page will display.
- Select the [+] plus sign button to add a row.
- Two address rows will now display for home address type.
- Effective Date will default to today’s date.
- Status will default to Active.
- The Address in the new row will match the original address listed in first row of data.
- Select the drop-down tool Status field and select Inactive.
- Select OK.
- The Add/Update a Person page displays and defaults to the Addresses tab.
- The Home address type will display “Inactive” for the Status field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Save” to save changes.
- The process to Remove Home Address is now complete.
- End of procedure.