9.2 View and Add Full Course Exceptions for an Individual Student (SEVIS)
Purpose: Refer to this document when adding or updating Full Course Exceptions for an F/M International Student who is not enrolled full time according to the academic level and load rules for your college.
Audience: College Staff responsible for maintaining student SEVIS information.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CS SEVIS
- ZD CS SEVIS
- ZZ CS SEVIS
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
Note! Colleges do not need to submit the SEVIS Auth Drop Below Full Course Add Event for students who have your permission to enroll in less than full time. See QRG 9.2 Understanding SEVIS Event Triggers and Conditions in PeopleSoft (F/M).
View or Add Full Course Exceptions for an Individual Student (SEVIS)
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > SEVIS > F/M Full Course Exceptions > Full Course Exceptions
- The Full Course Exceptions search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Enter your SEVIS School Code or select the lookup tool to search for it.
- Select the Search button.
- .The Full Course Exceptions page displays
- If the student was previously granted a Full Course Exception, this information will display on the page. To add an additional exception, click the plus sign [+].
- Enter the Term the student qualifies for the exception. If entering multiple Terms for the student, click the plus sign [+] to add additional rows.
- Note: The student must first be term activated and eligible to enroll for the term.
- Enter the Exception Units. This will be the number of units the student is enrolled in for the specified term.
- For example, if your college’s academic level and load rules indicate that 12 units are full-time for Spring terms, but the student qualifies for an exception and is enrolled in 9 units for the Spring term, enter 9.000 as the Exception Units.
- Note: The Exceptions Unit field will accept 0.000 as a value.
- Enter a Comment if applicable.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.