Enter Ethnicity Information
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering ethnicity information in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff responsible for maintaining student information
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC Personal Information
- ZD CC Personal Information
- ZD CC Super user
- ZZ CC Pers Info NID Update
- ZZ CC Personal Information
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Campus Community > Personal Information > Biographical > Personal Attributes > Ethnicity
- The Ethnicity search page displays, on the page, enter Search Criteria to identify your student--(First/Last Name, National ID (SSN), ID).
- Select Search.
- The Ethnicity page displays. On the page, check the Person is a Hispanic or Latino box, if appropriate. Then, select the proper ethnic group from the If Yes, select Ethnic Group drop-down box if the student has disclosed the information.
- If the person is NOT Hispanic or Latino, select the magnifying glass next to the Ethnic Group field in the Ethnicity section and select the appropriate Ethnic Group from the list.
- If the student belongs to more than one ethnic group, select Add button, then repeat the steps for each group.
- Check the Primary box for the ethnic group with which the student most directly identifies if the student has disclosed the information.
- Check the IPEDS box to indicate that the data has been submitted by a reliable source by IPEDS questions or application data.
- For each ethnic group listed, enter the Percentage of the student’s ethnicity; it represents if the student has disclosed the information.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial via Panopto
View the external link to Enter Ethnicity Information. This link will open in a tab/window.
Add your comment