9.2 Run the SEVIS Alerts Process
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for running the SEVIS Alerts Process in ctcLink.
Audience: International Admissions staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CS SEVIS
- ZD CS SEVIS
- ZZ CS SEVIS
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This process identifies information that should be submitted to SEVIS regarding new students (F/M visas) or exchange visitors (J visas) and data changes for existing students or exchange visitors. The process also verifies SEVIS business rules, required fields, and certain eligibility edits.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > SEVIS > F/M Alerts > Process SEVIS Alerts - F/M
- The Process SEVIS Alerts-FM run control ID search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Run Control ID.
- Select Add.
- The Process SEVIS Alerts-F/M page displays.
- Enter SEVIS School Code.
Validate SEVIS CIP Code:Select Yes or No.
- Select Yes for the alerts process to compare CIP codes against the corresponding CIP Code Table page.
- Enter F Students: Enter the number of days after either the I-20 end date or the OPT end date has passed for a complete program event to appear on the Alerts page for an F-1 student (0-60).
- Enter M Students: Enter the number of days after either the I-20 end date or the OPT end date has passed for a complete program event to appear on the Alerts page for an M-1 student. (0-30).
- Select the Refresh button, and the Current Term will auto-populate.
- Enter or look up Next Term.
- Enter As of Date: The Registration and Auth Drop Below FC events are triggered based on this date. DHS regulations require that you report the Registration event within 30 days of the current term start date. You receive an error if the date that you enter does not meet the criteria. You can set this date prior to the start date of the current term entered if you want to report the Registration event prior to the current term begin date. You should update this field each time the Current Term and Next Term fields are refreshed. If you are running this process within 30 days of the current term, the “As of Date” should be equal to the date you are running the process.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays--click okay. You'll be directed back to the Process SEVIS Alerts - F/M page. Select the Process Monitor link located to the left of the Run button.
- The Process Monitor page displays.
- Select Refresh. Once the process has been successfully posted, choose Details.
- Select the View Log/Trace link to view the log files that provide details about the process on the Process Detail page. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for additional process scheduling instructions.
- Select ccsevcmp_38959552.out to view SEVIS Alerts information.
- Process complete.
To view and select SEVIS Alerts, follow the 9.2 Viewing SEVIS Alerts QRG.