9.2 Update Home Address (SEVIS)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for updating the home address type in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff responsible for maintaining student SEVIS information.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC SOGI
- ZC CS SEVIS
- ZD CC SOGI
- ZD CS SEVIS
- ZZ CC SOGI
- ZZ CS SEVIS
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
A person record must exist for the individual receiving the address modification in order to proceed with this process.
- See QRG: 9.2 Adding Applications Manually.
A home address must be an address within the United States to proceed with this process.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > SEVIS > Personal Information > Add/Update a Person
- The Add/Update a Person search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Check the Include History option.
- Select Search.
- The Add/Update a Person page displays.
- Select the Addresses tab.
- The student’s Current Addresses will be listed for the student at the top of the page.
- Click on the "Edit/View Address Detail" link for the Home address type.
- The Address History page will display.
- Select the [+] plus sign button to add a row.
- Two address rows will now display for home address type.
- Effective Date will default to today’s date.
- Status will default to Active.
- The Address in the new row will match the original address listed in first row of data.
- Select the lookup tool on the Country field and select USA.
- The address will now be blank for this new row.
- Ensure the Status remains Active.
- Select the “Update Addresses” link.
- The Edit Address page will display.
- Enter the student’s U.S. Home Address.
- Address 2, Address 3, and County fields are not required
- Select OK.
Sometimes, a student will provide a valid address that isn't recognized by Clean Address. This often happens when an apartment or home is under new construction. In cases where you've verified that a student's address is accurate and isn't recognized by Clean Address, bypass Clean Address by following the steps in this QRG Bypass Clean Address.
- The Address History page displays.
- The U.S. address is listed for the new address row.
- Select OK.
- The Add/Update a Person page displays and defaults to the Addresses tab.
- The new U.S. address is displayed for the Home Address Type.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save” to save changes.
- The process to Update Home Address is not complete.
- End of procedure.