9.2 Add Birth Information (SEVIS)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for adding birth information in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff responsible for maintaining student SEVIS information.
A person record must exist for the individual receiving the birth information modification in order to proceed with this process. See QRG: 9.2 Adding Applications Manually.
Add Birth Information (SEVIS)
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > SEVIS > Personal Information > Add/Update a Person
- The Add/Update a Person search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Check the Include History option.
- Select the Search button.
- The Add/Update a Person page displays.
- Select the Birth Information link.
- The Birth Information Detail page displays.
- Ensure student’s Birth Country field is populated. If value is blank, select value using the lookup tool.
- Enter student’s Birth City in the Birth Location field.
- Select student’s Birth State using the lookup tool, if known. This is not a required field for SEVIS.
- Select OK.
- The main Add/Update a Person page displays.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save” to save changes.
- The process to Add Birth Information is now complete.
- End of procedure.