9.2 Bypass Clean Address
Purpose: Use this document to bypass clean address errors and save a student's address.
Audience: Student Services Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC Personal Information
- ZD CC Personal Information
- ZZ CC Pers Info NID Update
- ZZ CC Personal Information
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Sometimes, a student will provide a valid address that isn't recognized by Clean Address. This often happens when an apartment or home is under new construction. In cases where you've verified that a student's address is accurate and the address isn't recognized by Clean Address, bypass Clean Address by following the steps listed below.
The Clean Address database is updated every few months (with data from USPS), so colleges do not need to report addresses that are not recognized by Clean Address.
To view a table of invalid address error descriptions, visit the QRG 9.2 Update Address Information.
- Enter the desired information into the following:
- Address 1 field
- Address 2 field (if applicable)
- City field
- State field
- Postal field
- County field
- Select the OK button in the lower-left corner.
- If the address is not verified as deliverable, a message box will appear at the top of the screen.
- In the message box, click OK.
- Above the Address 1 field, select the Change Country link.
- Select USA by scrolling or searching.
- Select OK in the bottom-left corner.
- The Address History page displays. Verify the address in the Address History panel.
- Select OK.
- The Addresses tab displays. Select Save in the lower-left corner.
- Process complete.