9.2 Adding Course Fees Via Course Catalog
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add a course fee in ctcLink
Audience: Course Builders
Fees added at the course level are not seen on the class schedule pages. Course fees will be charged in addition to any fees added at the class schedule level. Course fees apply to all sections of a class that is scheduled.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
Adding Course Fees
- The Course Catalog search page displays. Use the default Find an Existing Value page to search for the course.
- Academic Institution: Enter or look up.
- Subject Area: Enter or look up.
- Using remaining search options to narrow the results.
- Select Search.
- If more than one course qualifies, a list of all qualifying courses displays at the bottom of the Course Catalog search page. Select one.
- The Catalog Data page displays. Select Components.
- The Components page displays.
- Select Add Fee.
The Location field must be left blank. Entering values in this field would result in the system not charging the appropriate fees.
- The Course Fees Modal page displays.
- Input the Term code for the term the fee should apply.
- Most courses should remain with the 'Always' default.
- If the class should not charge tuition select 'Not include in term tuition' from the drop down menu.
- Select [+] to add additional terms.
- Select Course Sub Fees Modal.
It is recommended to set up course fees yearly for all terms in the academic year
- The Course Sub-Fees Modal page displays.
- Select an Account Type. Refer to your institution's business practices to determine the account type.
- Item Type is the accounting code for the fee being charged. Refer to your institution's business practices to determine the item type code to be used for specific courses.
Note: Item types have been cross-walked from Legacy fee codes and use the same descriptions as the Fee Codes in legacy.
- Fee Trigger: Always select 'Use Criteria'.
- Fee Amount Equation: Leave blank.
- Fee Amount fields: Fees should be charged as a Flat Amount only.
- Minimum Amount/Maximum Amount: These fields only apply to this class section and would only be used if charging per unit. Do not use.
- Adjustment Code: 'STD' (Standard).
- Due Date Code: 'STD' (Standard).
- Waiver Group: Please contact your student financial office regarding which Waiver Groups to use as they are college specific.
- Select [+] to add additional fees.
- Select Apply to save data.
- Select OK to return to the course.
- Process complete.