9.2 Class Permissions - Batch Generation
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for generating class permission numbers in batch in ctcLink.
Audience: All staff.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Term Processing > Class Permissions > Generate Add Permissions
Batch Class Permissions
- The Generate Add Permissions run control ID search page displays. It defaults to Find an Existing Value. In this example, we'll create a new run control ID.
- Select Add a New Value.
- Enter Run Control ID.
- Select Add.
- The Generate Add Permissions page displays.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Enter Academic Group: select one group or leave blank for all groups.
- Enter Term.
- Enter Subject Area: select one subject area or leave blank for all subject areas.
- Enter Percent of Enrollment Capacity: defaults to 0.10, change as necessary.
- Enter Minimum of Permission Assign: defaults to 10, change as necessary.
- Commit Frequency: accept default.
- Enter Permission Expire Date: enter an expiration date
- Permission Valid For: all check boxes default as selected, remove checks as necessary.
- *OPTIONAL: select [+] plus key to specify additional criteria or terms to run.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Ensure the Class Permission process is selected.
- Select OK.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears. The updated Generate Add Permissions page displays. Note the Process Instance number.
- Select Process Monitor to review the run control status. Refer to the Process Monitor QRG for instructions.
- The Process List page displays. Select Refresh until the Run Status is 'Success' and Distribution Status is 'Posted' for the Process Instance number you noted above in step 20.
- Process complete.
To view all class permissions generated for a specific term, run the following query: QCS_CM_CLASS_PERMISSION_ALL.