9.2 Submit a Student Alert through Faculty Center
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating student Alerts in ctcLink.
Audience: ctcLink faculty.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ PeopleSoft User
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Submit a Student Alert through Faculty Center
Navigation: ctcLink Gateway > Faculty Center
- The Faculty Center My Schedule page displays.
- Verify you are viewing the correct term and institution. If necessary, select Change Term to change between terms or institutions.
- Select the Class Roster icon for in the row for the appropriate class.
- The Class Roster page displays.
- Select the Submit Alert Icon for the appropriate student.
- The Create Student Alert page displays.
- Select the Alert Code from the drop-down menu.
- Input Comments.
- If you want the comment included in the Student’s Notification, select the Include Comments in Student Notification box.
- Input Notes to Responder (optional).
- Notes to Responder are not included in the notification to students.
Note: The character limit for Student Alert Comments is 254 characters, including spaces.
- Select the [+] icon to add additional Alerts (optional).
- Once all Alerts have been added, select the Submit button.
- A confirmation message displays in the Faculty Center home page.
- Select the Add button to add Alerts to additional students by ID and Institution, or select Class Roster from the left menu to return to the same Class Roster and select another student in the same class.
- Process complete.