9.2 Cancel Classes Using Schedule Class Meetings
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to cancel classes in ctcLink.
Audience: Course Scheduling staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CM Class Maintenance
- ZD CM Class Maintenance
- ZD FWL View Cnt Calc
- ZZ CM Local Configuration
- ZZ FWL Contract Calc
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Use the Schedule Class Meetings - Enrollment Control page to update class status values. When you need to cancel a class that has multiple sections, it is more efficient to use this component than to cancel the section through the Schedule of Classes component. Most fields on this page are “display only” because the primary reason for accessing this class meeting is to update the class status value.
Cancel via Schedule Class Meetings
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Schedule Class Meetings
- The Schedule Class Meetings search page displays.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Enter Term.
- Enter additional search criteria to identify the class.
- Select Search.
- The Meetings page displays.
- Select Enrollment Control.
- The Enrollment Control page displays.. The Class Status is 'Active' by default. The following 3 statuses set the enrollment status to closed and these sections do not appear in class search:
- Cancelled Section
- Stop Further Enrollment
- Tentative Section
- Change the Class Status to 'Cancelled Section'.
Warning! If you want to cancel the section regardless of whether students are enrolled, you must select the Cancel if Student Enrolled check box. Doing so drops any students who are enrolled in the section and requires that you recalculate tuition for those students.
- The Cancel Class button becomes available.
- Status must be Cancelled Section.
- Sections must be cancelled one at a time.
- Print class rosters prior to cancelling the class.
- Select Cancel Class to cancel this class section.
- The Cancellation Date will appear next to the Cancel Class button.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.