9.2 Creating a Cash Advance Request
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create a Cash Advance Request in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance Staff.
A Cash Advance (CA) is a Travel document created to facilitate payment to the traveler in advance of travel; and can be applied across multiple Expense Reports. A Cash Advance can also be created at the time of Creating a Travel Expense.
Create a Cash Advance Request
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expenses > Cash Advances > Create/Modify
- The Cash Advance search page displays.
- Depending on your role, the Empl ID will default into the field. If you are authorized to enter a cash advance on behalf of someone else, then you will need to look up the Empl ID first.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Select the Add button.
- The Create Cash Advance page displays.
- Select the Business Purpose drop-down menu and select appropriate purpose.
- Select Advance Description and enter appropriate information.
- Select the Source drop-down menu and select appropriate item.
- Enter appropriate information into the Description field.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Amount field.
- Select the checkbox to certify that the advances submitted are accurate and comply with local expense policy.
- Select the Submit Cash Advance button.
- The Expense Report Submit Confirm page appears.
- Select the OK button.
- The View Cash Advance page displays.
- The Cash Advance Report number has been assigned and forwarded for approval.
- The process to create a cash advance report is now complete.
- End of procedure.