9.2 How to Inactivate a Course
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to inactivate a course in ctcLink.
Audience: Course Builders.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
- The Course Catalog search page displays
- Enter search criteria.
- Ensure that the Include History check box is checked.
- Select Search.
- The Catalog Data page displays. Note the Effective Date and Status. Note also the number of effective-dated rows.
Warning: Timing and effective dating changes to course catalog are very important to prevent issues with FTE calculations. All course changes should be done by adding new effective dated rows (never use correct history).
- Select the + icon to add a new Effective Date row for 5 days prior to the term the course should no longer be offered. Note the number of effective-dated rows.
- Example: BARB 101 offered Spring 2017 will become inactive effective Summer 2017. On date of decision (1/20/2017) add effective dated row of 6/25/2017 (any date between end of spring and prior to 1st day of summer, best to use a few days prior to 1st day of summer).
- Then change the Status to 'Inactive'. On this date the course will no longer display in the online course catalog.
- Select Offerings.
- The Offerings page displays.
- Uncheck Allow Course to be Scheduled. This prevents classes from being scheduled for any term that starts after the effective date, assuming the change was made before class building for the term started.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.