9.2 Entering SEVIS I-20 Data
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering SEVIS I-20 data in ctcLink.
Audience: College staff responsible for maintaining student information.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CS SEVIS
- ZD CS SEVIS
- ZZ CS SEVIS
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > SEVIS > I-20 Forms > I-20 Form
Note: Make sure to complete the Visa/Citizenship Data pages prior to completing I-20 Form.
- The I-20 Form search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter ID.
- Enter SEVIS School Code.
- Select Add.
- The I-20 Form displays.
- Note: Only active I-20 forms are included in the SEVIS Alerts - F/M process
- The top sections of the form populate from the data entered on the student Application and Citizenship pages.
- Select Program Data.
- The Program Selection page displays.
- If only one application has been submitted for the student, that application will be selected.
- If more than one application exists for the student, select the program of study.
- Select OK.
- The I-20 Form displays.
- Select a Student Creation Reason from the list provided.
- Note: SEVIS only accepts Initial or Initial Change of Status as the Creation Reason in batch.
- Note: If the Creation Reason of School Transfer is selected, two new fields will appear in PeopleSoft: (1) Transfer Date and (2) Comments. Staff should enter the name of the school from which the student transferred in the Comments field.
- Level of Education defaults based on the student program selected.
- If the English Proficiency Required box is selected, indicate if this has been met. If this box is unchecked, a comment box appears (comments are required regarding why English proficiency is not required for the selected program)
- The Course of Study information is based on the program selected.
- Costs estimates are based on the program selected.
- Enter Student means of support information.
- Funds from Another Source must include Funding Remarks.
- Select the Funding Verified Checkbox. (This is required for student information to be processed.)
- School Certification information will default.
- Enter Dependent Information.
- Note: Dependents must have a person record in PeopleSoft before being added to a primary visa holder's I-20. See 9.2 Add an Individual to the System (SEVIS) QRG for related steps.
- Enter Remarks (if applicable).
- Select Save.