9.2 Searching for Records (Using Search/Match)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for searching for records in ctcLink.
Audience: ctcLink staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC Personal Information
- ZD CC Personal Information
- ZD FA Director
- ZD FA ISIR Data Mgmt
- ZZ CC Pers Info NID Update
- ZZ CC Personal Information
- ZZ FA ISIR Data Mgmt
- ZZ FA ISIR Processor
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or SACR settings, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access
Searching for Records
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Personal Information > Search/Match
By using Search/Match, users are allowed to search for IDs throughout the system without being restricted to individual page results for your institution.
Before adding a new application, You must always run the Search/Match process. In a globalized system, the creation of duplicate IDs is highly detrimental to Records and Financial Aid. If a duplicate record is found, please report this to the CS Support team to evaluate records across institutions and merge data.
- The Search/Match search page displays.
- Enter Search Type. Choose either "Person" (i.e. student, staff or faculty) or "Organization" (other colleges, universities or external associated organizations), as "Applicant" refers to applicants in HR.
- Enter Search Parameter. Search parameters define the fields that will be available in your search. Use "PSCS_Traditional" for a basic person search.
- Select Search.
- The Search Criteria page displays.
- In the Search Result Rule section, enter the Search Result Code, which determines the fields displayed in your results.
- In the Search Criteria section, enter the information available on the person or organization being searched.
- If searching for a student with no first name, enter the wildcard "%" into the First Name field, and the known last name into the Last Name field. The results returned will include a list of all students with the same last name, regardless of whether the first names match, differ, or are blank. They can then be sorted by first name to identify students with a First Name value of “-“.
- The Search Order section displays the combinations of information the Search/Match will attempt to match a person on based on the criteria entered.
- Select Search.
Note: The Selective Search buttons are activated only if you tab out of the corresponding Search Criteria field above. They will not be activated if you enter data in a search criteria field and manually move your cursor to another field.
- The Search Results page displays.
- Select Carry ID to transfer the desired ID number to your next ctcLink page.
Note: The number displayed after Number of IDs Found might be less than the count of search results displayed. This is because the search results might include the same ID number multiple times.
In addition, the"Person Organization Summary" link under the Additional Information tab links to HCM. This link is non-functional for staff who do not have access to employment records in HCM. HCM employment records are not necessary to run Search/ Match.
To summarize, you can maintain the integrity of your database by taking measures to minimize duplicate or multiple records. Use the Search/Match feature to define criteria for checking for duplicate or multiple entries of individuals.
- Process complete.