9.2 Entering Events
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering event information in ctcLink.
Audience: College Staff responsible for maintaining student information.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Campus Event Planning > Event Management > Events
- The Events search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Allow Event ID to default to all zeroes. The system will assign a unique and permanent ID later.
- Select Add.
- The Event tab displays.
- Enter Description.
- Enter Event Type.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- The remaining fields are optional.
- Select the Event Template tab.
- The Event Template tab displays
- If an Event Template has been set up for the Event Type selected, staff can use the Copy button to copy meeting, resources, and staff information set up for that template. Multiple templates may have been set up for the Event Type, and staff can click the “View All” link to find the applicable template they would like to use. If there is no template setup for the Template Type, enter the information manually. Most of the fields require at least Resource Codes to be entered.
- Note: Copying values from a template can help save entry time, and staff can make manual adjustments as needed before saving.
- If this is the primary meeting for this event, select the Primary Mtg checkbox.
- To add additional meetings, resources, or staff, select the Add a New Row [+] icon at the right of the To Meetings, To Resources, or To Staff sections, then enter the appropriate data. To delete an item, select the Delete a Row [-] icon.
- Select Save.
- The updated Event Template tab displays.
- Notice the system has assigned a unique, permanent ID to your new event.
- Process complete.