9.2 Entering Audiometric Exam Information
Purpose: Use this Document to enter health exam information for an individual in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Services Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD CC Super user
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or SACR settings, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access
Navigation: Campus Solutions Administrator > Right NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > Personal Information > Health Information > Health Exams > Audiometric Exam
- Enter the desired information into the ID field.
- Select the Search button.
Use the Audio Exam Addr//Phone page to enter the examiner's address and phone data, and the date and type of audiometric exam administered.
- Enter the desired information into the Exam Date field.
- You will enter the date the exam was given. It defaults to the current system date, but can be changed if needed
- Select the Exam Type list and choose the desired item from the drop down menu.
- If you choose the exam type of Annual, the Next Exam field defaults to one year from the date specified in the Exam Date field
- Enter the desired information into the Physician ID field.
- If the physician who administered the exam exists in the database, you may use the magnifying glass icon to look up the corresponding Physician ID. After entering the correct ID, the name of the physician displays automatically
- If the ID number does not exist in the database, you can specify the name of the physician or the specialist who administered the exam in the Physician field
- Place your cursor into any field to refresh the page.
- If the physician exists in the database, their name and address information displays automatically
- If the physician does not exist in the database, you can manually input information into the Address field
- Enter the desired information into the Phone field.
- Select the Exam Details tab.
Use the Exam Details page to enter audiometric exam details, including results, referrals, and comments.
- Enter the desired information into the Audiometer Serial # field.
- You will enter the serial number of the audiometer that is used to administer this exam
If you select the Baseline check box, it indicates that this exam is the baseline for tracking a person's hearing degradation over time.
The fields in the Left Ear and Right Ear regions are used to separately include exam results for both ears.
In the Decibels field, you specify the decibel level at which the individual hears the specified frequency.
The Trouble Frequency check box is selected for a frequency if a person cannot hear that frequency within the appropriate decibel range.
- Select the Hearing Classification list and choose the desired item from the drop down menu.
- You will select the classification that best describes the results of this exam. The values are Abnormal, Abnormal Shift, Early Loss Indication, and Normal
- Select the Referral list and choose the desired item from the drop down menu.
- If the individual needs to visit another specialist, you will choose the appropriate option (for example, Audiologist, Personal Physician)
- If the individual does not need to see another specialist, you will choose the None Required option
- Use the Comments field to enter any desired information.
- Here is where you will further identify or describe the results of this individual's exam
- Select the Save button.
- You have successfully recorded the details and results of an audiometric exam for an individual. To summarize, use the Audiometric Exam component to record and track basic information for an audiometric exam. End of Procedure.