Purpose: Use this document as a reference for purging wait lists in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZZ SR Enroll Term Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Waitlisted enrollment counts toward a student’s enrollment load on the NSC Report. For this reason, we recommend you purge waitlists before running your Census Date NSC report. If you don’t purge your waitlists, students on a class waitlist will be reported as enrolled in more credits than they are. It is recommended to purge the wait list before the census date for the current term.
Purging your waitlist is also a valuable tool for communicating with students. Please be cautious that you are only purging your institution’s waitlist. Students who remain on the waitlist (because the waitlist has not been purged) could believe that there is still a chance they may be enrolled in the class from the waitlist.
- QCS_SR_WAITLISTED_STUDENTS identifies waitlisted students
Navigation: Records and Enrollment > Term Processing > Waitlist > Waitlist Purge
- The Waitlist Purge search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA220_WAITLIST_PURGE.
- The Wait List Purge page displays.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Term for which you are purging.
- Enter Academic Career if you want to purge students from a specific career.
- Continuing Education
- Enter Session if you want to purge students from a specific session.
- Dynamic Dated
- Four Week - Fourth
- Full Year
- Open Entry/Open
- Regular Academic Session
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- To purge students from a specific Subject Area, select the looking glass and choose a subject area (e.g., ACCT&).
- Enter Class Nbr to purge students for a specific class.
- Enter Campus (e.g. Main).
- Enter From Date to purge students from wait lists with a class start date greater than or equal to a specific date.
- Enter To Date to purge students from wait lists with a class start date less than or equal to a specific date. Note: When a From Date is entered, the To Date will default to the date entered in the From Date field--you can enter a different date.
- Enter the Last Date for Wait List if you want the process to search for active wait lists in which the class Last Date for Wait List is less than or equal to the date entered in this field. The Last Date for Wait List is defined on the Term/Session Table.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Please refer to the Process Schedule Request steps for further instructions.
- Run the QCS_SR_WAITLISTED_STUDENTS query to verify if the purge was successful for the specific term.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Waitlist Purge. This link will open in a new tab/window.