9.2 Processing Term Withdrawals to Recognize 100% Refunds
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to process term withdrawals to recognize a 100% refund.
Audience: Registration staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SACR SF All Config
- ZD SACR SF Local Config
- ZZ SACR SF Charges Fees Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Related QRG: 9.2 Processing Term WIthdrawals
When processing a Term Withdrawal, you are using an Adjust Reason from the Adjustment Calendar to tell PeopleSoft what to do when refunding a student.
In the image below, a college with one Term Withdrawal Adjust Reason of ADMW; therefore, PeopleSoft will follow what is coded for this Adjust Reason.
To recognize students who were processed to receive a 100% refund, the college will need to define a second Adjust Reason for Term Withdrawal to instruct PeopleSoft ALWAYS to give these particular students a 100% refund.
NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Tuition and Fees > Adjustment Calendars
- On the Adjustment Calendar page, select the plus icon [+] to add a row.
- Check the Term Withdrawal checkbox to view the available Term Withdrawal codes.
- Now set up the Day From/To and Refund Percent Criteria.
There are five delivered PeopleSoft Adjust Reasons a college can use for the Term Withdrawal process, each with unique Day From, To, and Refund Percentage values.
When viewing results from the Query, QCS_SR_WITHDRAWN, staff will be able to use the appropriate code for students with 100% refund.
For consistency with the Term Withdrawal Adjust Reason descriptions, we recommend:
- ADMW --should be the 100% refund.
- WTHD -- be the set-up that your college currently has for ADMW. We believe this will make more sense to staff.
- Process complete.