Processing Term Withdrawals to Recognize 100% Refunds
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to process term withdrawals to recognize a 100% refund.
Audience: Registration staff.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZD SACR SF All Config
- ZD SACR SF Local Config
- ZZ SACR SF Charges Fees Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
To process a Term Withdrawal, you will use an Adjustment Reason from the Adjustment Calendar to instruct PeopleSoft how to refund the student.
- QCS_SR_WITHDRAWN - This query generates a list of students who have withdrawn from the prompted term. After colleges process term withdrawals for these students, they will no longer appear in this query's output. Term withdrawals are necessary for financial aid and National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) reporting for withdrawn students. Colleges typically run this query daily after the census date, which is critical to their business process.
In the image below, a college has one Term Withdrawal Adjust Reason of ADMW; therefore, PeopleSoft will follow what is coded for this Adjust Reason.
To recognize students who were processed to receive a 100% refund, the college will need to define a second Adjust Reason for Term Withdrawal to instruct PeopleSoft ALWAYS to give these particular students a 100% refund.
Navigation: Set Up SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > Tuition and Fees > Adjustment Calendars
- Select the plus icon [+] to add a row on the Adjustment Calendar page.
- Check the Term Withdrawal checkbox to view the available Term Withdrawal codes.
- Set up the Day From/To and Refund Percent Criteria.
There are five delivered PeopleSoft Adjust Reasons a college can use for the Term Withdrawal process, each with unique Day From, To, and Refund Percentage values.
When viewing results from the query, QCS_SR_WITHDRAWN, staff can use the appropriate code for students with a 100% refund.
For consistency with the Term Withdrawal Adjust Reason descriptions, we recommend:
- ADMW --should be the 100% refund.
- WTHD -- should be the set-up that your college currently has for ADMW. We believe this will make more sense to staff.
- Process complete.