9.2 Entering Enrollment Requests
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering enrollment requests in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SR Enroll Students
- ZD SR Super User
- ZZ SR Enroll Students
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Enroll Students > Enrollment Request
- The Enrollment Request search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab. (Previous enrollment requests can be viewed using the Find an Existing Value tab.)
- ID: Enter or Look Up
- Academic Career: Enter or Look Up
- Academic Institution: Enter or look up your Institution code
- Term: Enter or Look Up
- Select Add.
Note: Students must be term activated before enrollment. If the term cannot be entered or selected, see the QRG on Term Activating an Individual Student.
- On the Enrollment Request page, select the desired action from the Action field drop-down list (e.g., "Enroll" or "Swap Courses").
- The table below lists each action and its description.
|Add Grade||Select to add a grade to the student's enrollment record for the class.
|Change Grade||Select to change a grade on the student's enrollment record for the class.
|Change Wait List Position||Select to change the student's wait list position for the class.
|Drop||Select to drop the student from the class.
|Drop to Wait List||Select to drop the student from the class and move the student to the wait list for that class.
|Enroll||Select to enroll the student into the class.
|Normal Maintenance||Select to update the student's enrollment record for the class in normal maintenance mode. The updated items include grading basis, units, permission, course count, notes, requirement designation, repeat code, and instructor ID. You can use the normal maintenance action to update these items, rather than dropping the class and re-adding it with the new information. In addition, use the Normal Maintenance to change the student's Program associated with an enrollment record.
|Remove Grade||Select to remove a grade from the student's enrollment record for the corresponding class.
|Swap Courses||Select to enable the student to swap the class in which they are enrolled for different classes. The Change To field becomes available to enter the new class section where the student wants to enroll. You can also use this option to swap a student's enrollment from one to another related class section. List the enrollment class section in both the Class Nbr (class number) and Change and Change To fields, and select a different related class, then submit the enrollment transaction.
- For example, to Enroll a student, enter or look up the Class Nbr (e.g., 5437).
- Additional fields are optional and can be used for overrides as needed. A list of Enrollment Override definitions is included at the end of this document.
- Select the Wait List Okay checkbox to automatically enroll the student in the wait list if the course is full.
- Additional classes or actions can be added for processing at the same time by selecting the Add a New Row [+] icon.
- Select Submit.
- Watch the Status next to the Submit button at the top of the page. It will display “Success” or “Errors Found.” If errors are found, scroll to the bottom of the page to review errors. The page can be resubmitted after errors are corrected.
- Process complete.