9.2 Processing Test Credit - Manual
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing test credits in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC SR Transfer Credit Eval
- ZD SR Transfer Credit Eval
- ZZ SR Transfer Credit Eval
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Note: Students needs to be term activated in the term the credits are being posted to.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Test Credits - Manual
- The Test Credits-Manual search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter ID.
- Enter Academic Career.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Select Add.
- The Test Credit Entry tab displays.
- Enter Academic Program.
- Enter Academic Plan. (Optional)
- Enter Articulation Term.
- Select the Edit Equivalent Course icon.
Note: Students must be term activated in this career for the term to post credits.
- The Equivalent Course Information page displays.
- Enter Test ID.
- Enter Component.
- Enter Data Source.
- Enter Test Score.
- Enter Test Date.
- Enter Percentile.
- Enter Course ID.
- Change the Grading Basis-- GRD/SUS/PNP must be used. Use the TRN grading basis if your institution is not awarding the credit but transferring the credit.
- Please refer to the SBCTC policy manual for more test credit information and policy guidelines.
Note: The remaining fields default based on transfer credit setup and can be changed as needed.
- Replace Official Grade "T" with "S" (Satisfactory) or "P" (Pass) based on local transfer credit business process.
- Select OK.
- The Equivalent Course Information page disappears. The updated Test Credit Entry tab displays.
- Select the Test Credit by Term tab.
- The Test Credit by Term tab displays.
- Select Calculate.
- Select Post.
- The updated Test Credit by Term tab displays.
- Confirm that Model Status = "Posted".
Note: Verify the credits are Posted. Credits in Completed status will not calculate as part of the student’s statistics.
- Process complete.