Quick Enroll a Student
Purpose: This document is a reference for processing quick enrollments in ctcLink.
Audience: All staff.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZD SR Enroll Students
- ZD SR Super User
- ZZ SR Enroll Students
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set the following SACR Security permissions:
Navigation: Records and Enrollment > Enroll Students > Quick Enroll a Student
- The Quick Enroll a Student search page displays.
- The Quick Enroll a Student page displays. Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Add the student's EMPLID number to the ID field.
- Enter or look up the Academic Career by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Term by selecting the looking glass.
- Select Add.
- Select the Action drop-down menu and select the desired option.
- Enroll– Enroll students in the appropriate class.
- Swap– Allows the user to drop one class and add another class. When Swap is used, the Change To field will be displayed. Enter the course being dropped in the Class Nbr field and enter the new course in the Change To field.
- Select the Class Nbr lookup icon to select the appropriate class.
- Select the Add a New Row (+) button to add additional rows to add other classes.
- Select the Units and Grade tab.
- Select the Repeat Code lookup icon and adjust the code if necessary.
- Select the Other Class Info tab.
- Enter the position number in the Permission field for the class if needed.
- Select the General Overrides tab.
- If necessary, select the appropriate checkboxes to override various settings based on the college's business processes.
- Select the Class Override tab.
- Select the appropriate checkboxes to override various settings based on the college business processes.
- Select the Submit button.
- Verify the status for each class is Success.
- select the Errors link to view the message if there are errors.
- Once errors are fixed, select the Submit button until each class has a Success status.
- Process complete.
|Select to add a grade to the student's enrollment record for the class.
|Select to change a grade on the student's enrollment record for the class.
|Change Wait List Position
|Select to change the student's waitlist position for the class.
|Select to drop the student from the class.
|Drop to Wait List
|Select to drop the student from the class and move the student to the wait list for that class.
|Select to enroll the student in the class.
|Select to update the student's enrollment record for the class in normal maintenance mode. The updated items include grading basis, units, permission, course count, notes, requirement designation, repeat code, and instructor ID. You can update these items by using the normal maintenance action
rather than dropping the class and re-adding it with the new information. In addition, use the Normal Maintenance to change the student's Program associated with an enrollment record.
|Select to remove a grade from the student's enrollment record for the corresponding class.
|Select to enable the student to swap the class in which they are enrolled for different classes. The field becomes available to enter the new class section where the student wants to enroll. You can also use this option to swap students' enrollment from one related class section to another related class section. List the enrollment class section in the (class number) and fields, select a different related class, and then submit the enrollment transaction.
This information explains the enrollment override options.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Quick Enroll a Student. This link will open in a new tab/window.