9.2 Quick Enrolling a Student
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing quick enrollments in ctcLink.
Audience: All staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SR Enroll Students
- ZD SR Super User
- ZZ SR Enroll Students
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Enroll Students > Quick Enroll a Student
The Quick Enroll a Student search page displays.
- Select the ID lookup icon and select the student.
- Select the Academic Career lookup icon and select the appropriate career.
- Select the Academic Institution lookup icon and select the appropriate school.
- Select the Term lookup icon and select the appropriate term.
- Select the Add button.
- Select the Action drop-down menu and select the desired option.
- Enroll– Enrolls students in the appropriate class.
- Swap– Allows the user to drop one class and add another class. When Swap is used the Change To field will display. Enter the course being dropped in the Class Nbr field and enter the new course in the Change To field.
- Select the Class Nbr lookup icon to select the appropriate class.
- Select the Add a New Row (+) button to add additional rows to add additional classes.
|Add Grade||Select to add a grade to the student's enrollment record for the class.|
|Change Grade||Select to change a grade on the student's enrollment record for the class.
|Change Wait List Position
||Select to change the student's wait list position for the class.
||Select to drop the student from the class.
|Drop to Wait List
||Select to drop the student from the class and move the student to the wait list for that class.
||Select to enroll the student into the class.
||Select to update the student's enrollment record for the class in normal maintenance mode. The updated items include grading basis, units, permission, course count, notes, requirement designation, repeat code, and instructor ID. You can use the normal maintenance action to update these items, rather than dropping the class and re-adding it with the new information. In addition, use the Normal Maintenance to change the student's Program associated with an enrollment record.
||Select to remove a grade from the student's enrollment record for the corresponding class.
||Select to enable the student to swap the class in which they are enrolled for different classes. The field becomes available to enter the new class section where the student wants to enroll. You can also use this option to swap students' enrollment from one related class section to another related class section. List the enrollment class section in both the (class number) and fields, select a different related class, then submit the enrollment transaction.
- Select the Units and Grade tab.
- Select the Repeat Code lookup icon and adjust the code if necessary.
- Select the Other Class Info tab.
- Enter the position number in the Permission field for the class if needed.
- Select the General Overrides tab.
- If necessary, select the appropriate checkboxes to override various settings based on the college business processes.
- Select the Class Override tab.
- If necessary, use select the appropriate check boxes to override various settings based on the college business processes.
- Select the Submit button.
- Verify the status for each class is Success.
- If there are errors. Select the Errors link to view the message.
- Once errors are fixed, select the Submit button until each class has a Success status.
This information explains the enrollment override options.
- Process complete.