9.2 Processing Transfer Course Credits - Automated
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing course transfer credit models with pre-defined rules in ctcLink.
Audience: Transfer Credit Evaluator.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC SR Transfer Credit Eval
- ZD SR Transfer Credit Eval
- ZZ SR Transfer Credit Eval
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Note: External Education information must be entered first on the External Education page.
Repeated coursework is seen as duplicate by the system and does not load into External Education. Please make sure your Transcript Evaluator is aware that for Legacy transcripts, they MUST review the upload/download version of the incoming transcript for repeated coursework. For ctcLink transcripts, review the Unofficial Transcript, which is accessible through the Advisor Center.
On the External Education page, go to the second tab (Courses and Degrees) and click the right expander arrow to see all available fields In the External Courses panel. Toward the far right, you’ll see Academic Institution. You will select your institution from the drop-down to indicate that you want to transfer to that class. Doing so will not affect any other institution or any records. We strongly recommend you “claim” one term at a time (it will make the next step more accessible). Because External Term and Term Year are in two separate fields, the simplest way to cluster them is to sort by Term Year and eye from there. You can sort by clicking on any column heading.
Processing Transfer Course Credit-Automated
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Course Credits - Automated
- The Course Credits search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter ID.
- Enter Academic Career.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Select Add.
- The Transfer Course Details tab displays.
- Enter Academic Program.
- Enter Credit Source Type.
- Enter External Org ID.
- Enter Data Source.
- Enter Articulation Term**.
- Select Fetch.
**Please Note that the student must be term activated in the articulation term for the credits to post. Please see the Term Activation QRG for further review of term activation.
- The list of external courses display at the bottom of the page. Each course's status will appear as "Accepted" or "No Rule".
- Select the Evaluator Details tab to modify transfer course information.
- Select the Edit Equivalent Course icon to enter equivalent course information.
- Select the Transfer Summary tab.
- The Transfer Summary tab displays.
- Select Calculate.
- Select Post.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.