Veterans Benefit Summary
Purpose: Use this as a reference for how to view the Veterans Benefit Summary.
Audience: Veterans Coordinator.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZD SR Super User
- ZD SR Veterans
- ZZ SR Veterans
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
School Certifying Officials first create a Veterans Benefit Summary when managing student veterans benefits information. Visit the QRG Veterans Benefit Reporting Overview for more details.
Navigation: Records and Enrollment > Enrollment Reporting > Veterans Benefit Reporting > Veterans Benefit Summary
- The Veterans Benefit Summary search page displays.
- The default option is Find an Existing Value. Select Search to view existing values.
- Click the Add a New Value tab to enter a new veteran.
- Add the student's EMPLID number to the ID field.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Term by selecting the looking glass.
- Select the Add button.
- The Veterans Benefit Summary tab displays.
- Enter Active Duty - Yes or No.
- Enter VA Spouse - Yes or No.
- Enter VA Dependent - Yes or No.
- Select the appropriate Military Branch.
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Marine Corps
- Space Force
- Person Record link: The Person Record link directs SCOs to the Add/Update a Person page for updating the student's biographical and demographic information.
- Yellow Ribbon: If this check box is selected, the Tuition Worksheet displays the Yellow Ribbon section.
The Academic Details panel includes the Academic Summary and Residency, GPA, and Academic Standing tabs.
The student's Academic Summary information is derived from the ACAD_PROG table.
- Academic Career: UGRD or CNED
- Admit Term: By default, the Admit Term value is the matriculated admissions term.
- Academic Level: Units determine the Academic Level--Freshman or Sophomore.
- Program Status: As of the row's effective date on the Student Program Plan page, the Program Status determines the relationship to the specified program.
- Effective Date: An Effective Date appears on the Student Program Plan page to indicate the date on which the Program Action and all other values are in effect.
- Dual (NLD)
- Part-time Vocational Tr (NLD)
- Vocational Coaching (NLD)
- Vocational Training (NLD)
- Academic Program: The Academic Program displays and is required to activate a student.
- Academic Plan: Academic Plan code displays and is required to activate a student.
- Academic Subplan: The Academic Subplan indicates the specialization of the Academic Plan.
Residency: The official residency data displays:
- In State: Military members (including national guard and reservists), veterans, and dependents (spouses, former spouses, and children) eligible for VA Educational Assistance or Rehabilitation Benefits pay In State tuition and fees.
- Out of State
- In Progress
- Residency: College SCOs can access residency data by clicking the Residency link.
- Academic Standing Action: The Academic Standing process populates this information based on the Academic Standing Rules.
- Acad Standing Effective Date: Standings go into effect on the Acad Standing Effective Date.
- Cumulative GPA: GPA calculated based on units taken.
- Attribute: To generate a Veterans Tuition Worksheet, select an Attribute value. Activate the Attribute drop-down menu and determine a value.
- Comments: Add additional Federal Benefit information.
- Last Update Date/Time: The date and time populate after saving the page.
- Updated By: After you save the page, the staff member's EMPLID populates.
- In the File Attachments panel, select the Add Attachment button to upload supporting veteran documentation (e.g. DD-214, COE, etc.).
- Using the Browse button, select a file from your computer.
- File name displays. Click Upload.
- To delete/resubmit a file, select the minus [-] icon to the right of the View link. Message box appears. Confirm deletion by selecting OK.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
- The Audit tab displays all attached files. The Audit feature does not record deletions.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.