9.2 Refresh Term Control Dates
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for refreshing term control dates.
Audience: Student Records staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SACR Found Tbl Config Inq
- ZD SACR Term Config
- ZD SR Super User
- ZZ SACR Term Config
Batch Term Activation
- ZZ SR Batch Term Activation
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Term control dates established on the Academic Calendar (Term Calendar 3 tab) are carried down to a student's term record when term activated. Suppose you change one of the following dates on the Academic Calendar:
- Fully Enrolled Date
- Show Enrollment on Transcript Date
- Show Statistics on Transcript Date
- Fully Graded Date
A student's term record is "locked" to the original date(s) before the change. To update the student's term record with the new date(s), you must refresh the term control dates. Follow the steps below to guide you through the process.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Term Setup > Academic Calendar
- The Academic Calendar search page displays.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Enter Academic Career.
- Select the Search button.
- Select the Term Calendar 3 tab.
- Use the arrows and toggle to the appropriate term.
- Perform the necessary date change(s).
- Select Save.
Grades have been posted, and your college would like student grades to appear on transcripts today, 03/29/2023, but the Academic Calendar date is 03/30/2023. In this regard, you will change the Fully Graded Date to 03/29/2023.
- Student's grades are not displayed on transcript.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Term Processing > Term Activation > Term Activation Batch Process
- The Term Activation Batch Process search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab. Select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select Add. It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted; therefore, we encourage them to be reused. Because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended. This only has to be done once.
- To use an existing Run Control ID, click on the Find an Existing Value tab and select Search.
- Existing Run Control ID(s) displays below.
- Click on the appropriate Run Control ID.
- The Selection 1 tab displays.
- Institution: Enter or look up your institution.
- Academic Career: Enter or look up the Acad Career.
- Actvtn Term: Ensure the correct Actvtn Term displays and matches the adjusted Academic Calendar term.
- Commit Freq: The default is 1000 - do not change.
- Run Mode: Select Update from the drop-down menu.
- Student Type: Select Both Continuing & New Students from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Process Control tab.
- Choose "Yes" in the field Refresh Term Control Dates in the Term Value Control panel.
- Select Save.
- Select Run in the top-right corner.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Select OK. (Note: Click the Distribution link to ensure the ID Type = User and your EMPLID is in the Distribution ID field).
- The Term Activation Batch Process page displays.
- Select the Process Monitor link. Ensure the process is successfully posted.