Refresh Term Control Dates
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for refreshing term control dates.
Audience: Student Records staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SACR Found Tbl Config Inq
- ZD SACR Term Config
- ZD SR Super User
- ZZ SACR Term Config
Batch Term Activation
- ZZ SR Batch Term Activation
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Term control dates established on the Academic Calendar (Term Calendar 3 tab) are carried down to a student's term record when the term is activated. Suppose you change one of the following dates on the Academic Calendar:
- Fully Enrolled Date
- Show Enrollment on Transcript Date
- Show Statistics on Transcript Date
- Fully Graded Date
A student's term record is "locked" to the original date(s) before the change. You must refresh the term control dates to update the student's term record with the new date(s). Follow the steps below to guide you through the process.
Navigation: Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Term Setup > Academic Calendar
- The default option is Find an Existing Value.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Academic Career by selecting the looking glass.
- Select the Search button.
- Select the Term Calendar 3 tab.
- Use the arrows and toggle to the appropriate term.
- Perform the necessary date change(s).
- Select Save.
Grades have been posted, and your college would like student grades to appear on transcripts today, 12/17/2023, but the Academic Calendar date is 12/19/2023. In this regard, you will change the Fully Graded Date to 12/19/2023.
Navigation: Records and Enrollment > Term Processing > Term Activation > Term Activation Batch Process
- The search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA220_Refresh_Term_Controls.
- The Selection 1 tab displays.
- Institution: Enter or look up your institution.
- Academic Career: Enter or look up the Acad Career.
- Actvtn Term: Ensure the correct Actvtn Term displays and matches the adjusted Academic Calendar term.
- Commit Freq: The default is 1000 - do not change.
- Run Mode: Select Update from the drop-down menu.
- Student Type: Select Both Continuing & New Students from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Process Control tab.
- Choose "Yes" in the field Refresh Term Control Dates in the Term Value Control panel.
- Select Save.
- Select Run in the top-right corner.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Select OK. (Note: Click the Distribution link to ensure the ID Type = User and your EMPLID is in the Distribution ID field).
- Select the Process Monitor link.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Refresh Term Control Dates. This link will open in a new tab/window.
It was not possible to view the student's grades in the scenario. The Academic Calendar was updated to reflect an earlier Fully Graded Date. The term control dates were updated after running the Term Activation Batch Process. Consequently, the student's grades appear on the transcript.